CHOKE

vittywatt

if you know what i'm talking about...yea canada...fuck ya...

forward vs. slow fade or how i learned to question infinity vs. story so far......

your pick?

i lost forward, HINT HINT HINT?!?!?! i'm MISSING THE CD!!!!!!!!! HINT HINT HINT....ANYONE KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT?!??!?! MISSING CD!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

anyways...

such an amazing band...does anyone know if any of these guys are still a band?

true story...

i'm at a party once in boston..and this kid tells me he's from canada. i say...in a druken mess...man i love this band from canada, they are called CHOKE...he says shut the fuck up i'm good friends with them. we then called them and i fucking jerked off to their voicemai...i still love that band....

true story...now you go

they broke up, but one of them started a new band with one of the guys from the fullblast called passenger action. i was disapointed with them, i really like short controlled bursts and slow fade but it doesnt even compare.

really? you like short controlled bursts? that album doesn't come anywhere close to touching Contagious Movement Theory.

i really like passenger action. shawn gave me a copy of their cd at the farwell choke show in toronto and i've been listening to it fairly regularly for the past year and a half. it's not choke but it's still pretty good.

choke was the best canadian punk/post-punk band ever. i can't pick a favourite from their last three; each of them is flawless as far as i'm concerned.

i saw them play 13 times live and they're probably one of my favourite overall bands ever now that i think about it. i'll never forget the first time i saw them play "fallout leader" live with small brown bike. they did like an 8 minute version with an extended intro that was jaw-dropping. or the first time i saw them do "momentary relapse" with ghosts of modern man, every member from both bands on stage chanting the outro and meaning it. it was moving stuff.

when i saw them on the tour before their farewell i asked if they'd ever release vinyl and shawn told me they were looking at doing a split 12" with ghosts of modern man but i guess it never happened.