Chinese Democracy vinyl pressing info

So I got the double 180-gram LP of Chinese Democracy for xmas, and I was wondering if anyone had any info on the numbers for the pressings. Is the vinyl supposed to be limited? If so, how many were pressed... I also read a few things here and there about variants of the LP, different liner notes, etc. Just wondering if anyone had any info on this cuz I can't seem to find too much on it.

it's supposed to be a best buy exclusive but i keep seeing the vinyl at other shops which leads me to believe that other stores are buying them at best buy and selling them (probably at a loss, just to get people in their store) or the vinyl isn't necessarily exclusive to best buy.

What some stores are doing, like the one I work in is getting them as Imports. How? to be honest I have no idea.

Yeah I'm guessing it's not too ridiculously limited, there were quite a few at the best buy around me, too. I mean, its only being sold at best buy, and who knows how loing they're gonna keep shipping vinyl copies, but yeah, I doubt its too rare for the time being.

There are a few copies at Record and Tape Traders here. They're expensive, but they're always expensive, there's a Nirvana picture disk reissue running for $40 there.

There's the UK version you can get from distributors- we have it in-stock - but the wholesale price got jacked from $16 to $36 by the one we got it from, hence the shitty price tag. I don't even think its 180 gram (or at least I couldn't find anything last time I looked), which makes that the cost of it retarded for both buyer and seller.

I think it is "limited" only to the fact that they thought they were going to sell as many as the old authentic Guns n' Roses albums so they probably only pressed a hundred thousand of them. Since that album so far has sold a grand total of about 6 copies, there's going to be plenty to go around for years to come and if you wait it out, you can probably get one for 10 bucks on clearance later this year.

I grabbed this off another vinyl forum:

"In 2008, more vinyl albums were purchased (1.88 million) than any other year since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.

More than two of every three vinyl albums were purchased at an independent music store during the year, the company reported. The top selling vinyl albums were Radiohead's "In Rainbows" (26,000 units), the Beatles' "Abbey Road" (16,500) and Guns 'N Roses' "Chinese Democracy" (13,600)."