A Vinyl Collective Update for Yo Ass

Guest admin1338560633

Since there is so much going on around here (as usual), I figured I would put together a quick update of things to expect this week from your friends at Vinyl Collective.

* We will be posting a pre-order for the 11 song debut album by Let Me Run, "Meet me at the Bottom" at 2pm today (4pm eastern, 1pm pacific). There are 2 colors of wax and Devildance have been so kind to give us a test pressing. Check out a few songs now and see what you think http://www.myspace.com/babyletmerun.

* We will post the pre-order for the repress of Joey Cape's Bridge on Thursday. There will be 2 colors (1 is gonna be a Hot Topic Exclusive), but we will be offering some of them for those of you who might not be able to find their way into a Hot Topic. The jackets for the repress will have the correct track listing which was incorrect on the first press.

* Either today or tomorrow, we will be posting the vinyl for the New Frontiers and Broken Gold (members of Riverboat Gamblers). The New Frontiers' jackets are silk-screened and the jackets are sewn. The Broken Gold 7"s look really sharp.

* Next week, we will be posting pre-orders for Stereotyperider's brand new album, "Songs in the Keys of F and U". We will also be posting pre-orders for 2 Drag the River 7"s, a Drag the River collection CD, and Jon Snodgrass' debut album, "Visitor's Band".Be very stoked, all are super fantastic. There will be deluxe sets, pint glasses, shirts, etc. I will give more detailed info either later this week or early next week.

* Many of the Teenage Bottlerocket/Ergs under the influence 7"s have been shipped. More will ship today. Expect news of the next few Under the Influence volumes soon.

* I will soon be posting pre-orders for a new Bon Iver, Murder City Devils' represses, a Detroit Cobras' 7", and we will soon be getting in new records from Kanye West, Clouds, GNR Appetite for Destruction repress, and lots more.

* We are talking to the Builder and the Butchers http://www.myspace.com/thebuildersandthebutchers about maybe doing an EP. The band features an ex-member of Portugal the Man and will soon be touring with Murder by Death. What do you guys think?

I think that is it for now, but we are working on a lot of stuff. We also have been enjoying new recordings by Austin Lucas, In the Red, Jon Snodgrass, and Drag the River. So much good music in 2009 already!

Virgil, any idea when the Solea "Finally We Are Nowhere" lp's will ship out?

they were sent to us from Germany in like October and we still have not received them. We thought we would be safe posting the pre-order in November, but the guys are looking into the packages whereabouts.

Hey Virgil,

Unrelated to this posting, but was Jr Juggernaut ever released on vinyl? I couldn't find any mention of it

no, ghost poison was never released on vinyl, but we are doing a split 7" out of Jr Jugg and Two Cow Garage for our under the influence split. I love ghost poison, but we just haven't sold enough copies to warrant pressing it on vinyl. The band are all big vinyl fans and really want their album on vinyl, but maybe down the road we can do it.

no, ghost poison was never released on vinyl, but we are doing a split 7" out of Jr Jugg and Two Cow Garage for our under the influence split. I love ghost poison, but we just haven't sold enough copies to warrant pressing it on vinyl. The band are all big vinyl fans and really want their album on vinyl, but maybe down the road we can do it.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll purchase the CD for now then.

Virgil, are you going to be getting The Breeders represses? Just wondering cause if so, I'll wait and get the MCD at the same time.

who is putting them out? I should be able to get them in. just haven't heard about it yet.