Transatlanticism available again

vents

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get about this Brand New saga is, did Triple Crown say expressly, "we found a box of records!" or did they say, "this record is available again!" It sorta seems much ado about nothing.

they said straight up "we found a box of records" and when asked if it was a repress they denied it for a while.

my sonic boom payment went through on the 28th, so im hoping i get mine soon...im pumped that it appears i was quick enough to get one

What I don't get about this Brand New saga is, did Triple Crown say expressly, "we found a box of records!" or did they say, "this record is available again!" It sorta seems much ado about nothing.

they said they found a leftover box, though i'm not clear on the bulletin brand new posted (because i think that's how some people found out). the bulletin might've said that it's available again...but triple crown was adamant that it was a "found" box.

My copy of Trans. showed up yesterday. Definitely definitely not a repress from what I can deduce.

EDIT: Also, Sonic Boom never sent out any sort of shipping email, so don't get too worried just yet if you haven't heard anything. Mine showed up out of nowhere.

What city do you live in? I can't believe you got this before me.

Hi Steven-

I've filled as many orders as I could with the small amount of LP's I had. Then I got an unexpected email from my UNI warehouse manager saying that they also had overstock. I requested all pieces to be returned and am waiting for them to arrive or for an email saying that they had miscounted and there are none. If they arrive, I'll probably be able to fill everyone's order for at least one piece. If they are phantom pieces in UNI's computers then everyone will be getting a full refund. I thought it would be a lot easier to wait and see than issue refunds and take orders again. Hope that makes sense. I'll update the news page ASAP.

Sorry for the delay,

Jason

I don't understand why you would put an item up for sale when it's not guaranteed that you'll have it. This is the same thing that we've all been fucked over for from Interpunk and other various online stores. Virgil's got it right, why can't other businesses?

Tying inventory to your website is not a trivial thing. Virgil found a good product in the shopping cart service he has. However, he does a decent amount of business and the service he uses probably costs something that a smaller label couldn't deal with having removed from their sales. Therefore places like Sonic Boom use PayPal and figure they won't run through so many copies as to run in to an issue like this.

I don't understand why you would put an item up for sale when it's not guaranteed that you'll have it.

His inventory wasn't tied to the website like maybe it should have been, but they weren't expecting to get bombarded with orders.

When he ran out, he planned on just issuing refunds, but his distributor said they still had some and he asked for them to be returned. Now he has to wait and see how many, if any, he gets back, and he figured it'd be easier to just wait it out instead of refunding the money and then putting it back for sale again.