Mint Definition

I just got Burn Piano Island Burn from an ebay seller. The auction said it was "mint". The record is very dirty and scratched. Here's what the seller told me :

"If you are buying vinyl you should know that Mint Used does not equal

NEW and UNPLAYED.

The record described in the auction is exactly what you got, a used

mint

copy of the LP that does not skip or have any deep scratches (only

minor

surface wear)."

To me, mint does not have minor surface wear. Can anyone tell me what mint actually means?

I just got Burn Piano Island Burn from an ebay seller. The auction said it was "mint". The record is very dirty and scratched. Here's what the seller told me :

"If you are buying vinyl you should know that Mint Used does not equal

NEW and UNPLAYED.

The record described in the auction is exactly what you got, a used

mint

copy of the LP that does not skip or have any deep scratches (only

minor

surface wear)."

To me, mint does not have minor surface wear. Can anyone tell me what mint actually means?

mint is A1, not a scratch or dent in sight. unplayed et al.

that seller doesnt know his arsehole from his elbow.

I bought it for 9.99, and paid $9 shipping cuz it came from Canada. This guy says he'll refund my $9.99 when he gets the record back. So I have to pay shipping twice? That's bullshit. I'd rather keep the shitty record and leave him negative feedback.

Is it unplayably scratched?

I haven't tried playing it yet. I want to clean it before I put it on my turntable. Mint.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_condition

Mint condition

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

For the R&B group, see Mint Condition.

This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2007)

Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed.

Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase comes from the way collectors describe the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a 'mint', then mint condition is the condition a coin is in as it leaves the mint. Over time, the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.

When describing trading cards, perfect condition is used to describe the condition as it is when pulled from a pack, mint would be new but opened.

Mint condition is often used to describe a collectible item such as a model figure, doll, or toy that has never been removed from its box, or in some cases is as good as new without any scratches or other. The term is also very widely used in record collecting and comic books.

Send that asshole seller this