turntable cake

Guest xsteponmex
that does look good, thanks for the picture! i am trying to find some that are not dj-like. everyone ive seen has either been a dj turntable or a retro one. this is my personal favorite so far i think:

[image]

that one is awesome and doesn't look that tricky to make...sorta. ha where do you live?

^it sure would look pretty, but i like my cakes edible!

From what I've heard (friend of mine looked into getting his wedding cake there), Charm City Cakes taste like cardboard and fail.

I keep telling the girl that the groomsman figure on our wedding cake is going to be a Batman action figure, and there's nothing she can do about it.

Yeah, we had my wife's mom make the cake, because we wanted something that didn't taste like shit. Too often cakes that have to maintain a specific shape or design are made from really dry hard cake and covered in fondant.

Ours was a chocolate, orange, kahlua cake with a white cream and chocolate frosting. Much happier than if I got a fancy looking cake.

Yeah, we had my wife's mom make the cake, because we wanted something that didn't taste like shit. Too often cakes that have to maintain a specific shape or design are made from really dry hard cake and covered in fondant.

Ours was a chocolate, orange, kahlua cake with a white cream and chocolate frosting. Much happier than if I got a fancy looking cake.

That's why I'm thinking the records will work because its basically a round cake so its nothing super-fancy shape wise.

I'll post pictures after the wedding but that won't be until Sept 5.

that cake sounds delicious. were going to have amaretto cake i think. but mine will be pretty simple, delicious sheet cake, with just the details being fondant. i definitely want creamy icing.

Cake is the bomb. Our wedding cake really highlights the advantage of marrying a woman who values taste over appearance and who has a mom who's made a ton of wedding cakes.

MMMMMMMM....Cake.

Cake is the bomb. Our wedding cake really highlights the advantage of marrying a woman who values taste over appearance and who has a mom who's made a ton of wedding cakes.

MMMMMMMM....Cake.

absolutely. we are not going to go with a baker that doesn't taste good. we've been sampling all the local bakeries the past few days (free 6" cakes!!!), it has been great. this is been the easiest and most fun part of planning so far. our caterers' restaurant closed, before we got to taste anything even, so that has been a total pain. but cakes, easy stuff.