Capitol Records Reissue Radiohead 12" singles

jhulud

From OMGVinyl:

Capitol Records is really rolling out the Radiohead vinyl reissues. The newest announcement includes TWELVE represses of various 12" singles. They include "Drill", "Creep", "High and Dry", "Fake Plastic Trees", "Just", "Street Spirit (Fade Out)", "Paranoid Android", "Karma Police", "No Surprises", "Pyramid Song", "2 + 2 = 5", and "My Iron Lung". The releases will all be limited edition, 180 gram, 45rpm audiophile pressings. They don't come out till April, but you can preorder them for $11.99 each at Insound: http://www.insound.com/search/query/radiohead&startat=0&fmt=2/

Capitol Records is really cashing in Radiohead

Fixed

I'm kind of glad they changed the covers (even though the new covers are crappy looking). It doesn't take away from the value of the original pressings. I wonder if I should throw my original CD singles on eBay. They still go for a good chunk of change.

I find it funny that people calling this stupid or lame have record collections where they purchased the same LP or 7" multiple times, even 13 times, but yet re-issuing a few out of print record once is lame...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

QFT

i'm not buying this because i have the OG CD singles that i need (all the singles from Pablo Honey and The Bends). it just an obvious cash in from Capitol/EMI and i'm pretty sure Radiohead had no say as to whether or not these got reissued.