WTB: Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie & Infinte

thestaton

Just make sure if you get one that it's not a boot -

A bootlegged Mellon Collie vinyl release is unboxed and unnumbered on the front of the sleeve. The little white box, with or without the number, should be down-right, between the tips of the star.

Besides that, it doesn't have the HUTTLP 30 matrixcode at the end of the running area on the vinyl (look for it closely!). The bootleggers made a black vinyl, a yellow vinyl and more recent, a red vinyl version.

Mellon Collie was never officially released on yellow or red vinyl.

The 1996 black vinyl release has a number that can run into the 18000, the 1998 black vinyl re-release has this same white box, but is not filled with a number.

I wouldn't sell mine for as much as 275, but 75-100 is very low, even for the bootleg. I'd say that a fair price for this would be around 125-150 for the boot and 150-200 for the original. That being said, mine is not for sale.

$150 for the boot? I guess I got lucky. I have #4530/20,000 and I paid $155 for it.

this was my "white whale" so to speak for a while. found one with a few creases on the back that lowered the price signifcantly. got it for $120, never seen it go that low. the track order is completely different and blew my mind. Probably my favorite record I have.

Don't think they'll ever repress. All four of the original Pumpkins have sued Virgin in the last couple years for making money by releasesing their music in other ways (commercials, itunes) without their consent. In their contract it states, Billy needs to sign off on any releases or re-releases virgin does.

They wanted to do a Gish anniversary box-set, but because the other two pumpkins recently sued for the same reason, virgin and the pumpkins probably will not be doing anything.

I wouldn't sell mine for as much as 275, but 75-100 is very low, even for the bootleg. I'd say that a fair price for this would be around 125-150 for the boot and 150-200 for the original. That being said, mine is not for sale.

$150 for the boot? I guess I got lucky. I have #4530/20,000 and I paid $155 for it.

yea, that's a great price for an original. I was just saying those prices based on what the originals and boots have been going for lately on ebay or gemm or anywhere. This album is so great, and the track order is indeed in a way better order than the cd. Not to mention BONUS TRACKS are included. Anything from the pumpkins in this era was ridiculously good.

this was my "white whale" so to speak for a while. found one with a few creases on the back that lowered the price signifcantly. got it for $120, never seen it go that low. the track order is completely different and blew my mind. Probably my favorite record I have.

Don't think they'll ever repress. All four of the original Pumpkins have sued Virgin in the last couple years for making money by releasesing their music in other ways (commercials, itunes) without their consent. In their contract it states, Billy needs to sign off on any releases or re-releases virgin does.

They wanted to do a Gish anniversary box-set, but because the other two pumpkins recently sued for the same reason, virgin and the pumpkins probably will not be doing anything.

but how does gish, adore and siamese dream get repressed and not this?

those represses were all before the lawsuits. might've had something to do with it actually.

but actually, i'm pretty sure gish, siamese dream, adore, and machina were all licensed to caroline records. mellon collie was all virgin/hut.

*punches fist through glass richie tenenbaum style*

dammit.