Warped records in the mail:(

So if you order from a label and your package shows up and clearly says, do not bend, records inside...

and both records are badly warped, and tthere is a huge bend in the sleves and the piece of card board that was in the package to keep it from bending has a huge crease in it as well...

do you email the label? complain to usps? or basically just screwed...

sigh:( i really wanted these records too

i always suffer from bend edge of wraped jacket and i always hate int'l shipping process.

i think complain to label is a thing which you should do because some label didn't pay attention too much for packing.

and i don't think usps will care about your complain like all other country post....

sigh i <3 the label and don't want to do give them any shit.

the package was clearly labeled and SHOULD have made it to my house ok.

it wasn't a packing job like VC does but it was completely decent.

i threw the outter wraping in the trash b/c i was so pissed and think theres food all over it now so i don't know what i can really do with the post office.

the post office doesnt care about packages.

ive watched them drop stacks of my "fragile" labeled boxes into the big bins... it doesnt matter what you write on them, they're going to get tossed around :(

im also pretty sure it doesnt matter how you package stuff either.. the only record ive ever gotten that was damaged was from Faith, and that sucker was packaged hardcore, padded mailler, taped between cardboard, bubblerap.. and they mangled that. its one of the things you have to live with unfortunately.

my giant haystacks record came warped horribly.

Waffles, if you take the records to IYE on comm ave in allston they have a machine that fixes warps, i think it takes all day to do a record, but i think it is also free. give them a call?

no way really? i'm going to this place this weekend then! kickass

problem solved

I luck out because i've had the same mailman since I can remember. The best part is he still listens to records so he knows whats up. He treats them nicely and actually puts them inbetween my front door and my screen door. He's the best!

Although the can get screwed up before he handles them and delivers them to my place.

I luck out because i've had the same mailman since I can remember. The best part is he still listens to records so he knows whats up. He treats them nicely and actually puts them inbetween my front door and my screen door. He's the best!

Although the can get screwed up before he handles them and delivers them to my place.

you have a lot of LTJ vinyl

the post office doesnt care about packages.

ive watched them drop stacks of my "fragile" labeled boxes into the big bins... it doesnt matter what you write on them, they're going to get tossed around :(

im also pretty sure it doesnt matter how you package stuff either.. the only record ive ever gotten that was damaged was from Faith, and that sucker was packaged hardcore, padded mailler, taped between cardboard, bubblerap.. and they mangled that. its one of the things you have to live with unfortunately.

yeah i was upset when i heard that, cause I always make sure I pack my stuff tight and solid!

I'm never shipping media mail again, at least with first class/priority they have less time to mess with it. haha

my copy of oh! calcutta! that i ordered from no idea was warped as well, but i didnt bother asking to get it replaced. it has a good amount of use on it. the worst i've probably treated a record. haha. still love it, though, and give it a spin every month or so.

these can't be played without tearing your ear drums out:(