What do you guys do with old band shirts?

I am trying to clean out/get rid of/sale some stuff. It's 3 am and I'm going through all my shit that I have at my house for school - not even my parents' house.

I have so many shirts here that I really don't wear anymore and some that I don't want.

What do you guys do with old band shirts that you don't wanna just put in a bag and throw away or give away? I'd try to sale them but some of them are pretty worn. And I figured someone on this board would have some creative ideas. Especially the crafty girls.

okay, so maybe im not a crafty girl, but i have a creative idea if you're willing to spend the time doing this (and know how/know somebody who knows how to sew). also, my first suggestion would be to sell them, because who couldn't use some extra cash off of shit they don't use anymore? but if you don't think anybody would buy them...

make a quilt out of them.

[image]

you just cut out the t-shirt's front into a square, and then sew it onto a blanket or a big piece of felt or something that you can buy from any hobby store/fabric shop. some of them look really cool. i know a few people who have done this with their old sports uniforms from their childhood, and those are even more cool cause they like, have special meaning behind them, you know?

anyway, just a thought. also, yes, maybe i might be a little gay.

okay, so maybe im not a crafty girl, but i have a creative idea if you're willing to spend the time doing this (and know how/know somebody who knows how to sew). also, my first suggestion would be to sell them, because who couldn't use some extra cash off of shit they don't use anymore? but if you don't think anybody would buy them...

make a quilt out of them.

[image]

you just cut out the t-shirt's front into a square, and then sew it onto a blanket or a big piece of felt or something that you can buy from any hobby store/fabric shop. some of them look really cool. i know a few people who have done this with their old sports uniforms from their childhood, and those are even more cool cause they like, have special meaning behind them, you know?

anyway, just a thought. also, yes, maybe i might be a little gay.

Maybe you are a crafty girl?

there's a joke in a movie (w/ Will Ferrell?) about a wife making her husband a quilt out of his old band shirts. It's driving me nuts that I can't think of what movie it is (and the google machine isn't helping me out at all).

I'd sell them, or you can always cut out the design and sew it on another shirt/sweatshirt. it's punx.

I got rid of every shirt I had from my early years and I will never get over it.

My autographed Queers shirts, Joe wrote, I like Your Mom, gone! My Bouncing Souls tour shirts, gone! All my punk rock and skate board shirts I would love to have now, gone.

Long story short, don't get rid of them!

I got a hug rip in the back of one of my favorite shirts... and was pissed, but crafty. I have a small Fenfer 25r practice amp, and I took it apart, took off the mesh grill on the front, stretched the shirt over the braces, stapled it on the backside and Voila! a sweet custom Fender amp.

What's a Fenfer?