LP Mailers

faith

I ordered a bunch of mailers a little while ago and the ones i got are like, super thin, flimsy and definitely not up to standard to ship records in. About 1/3 of a regular LP mailer's thickness.

I'm definitely not shipping anything in those (which means, if you've purchased some LP's from me, shipping will be a little bit delayed.. :( )

Anyone else encountered this? Anything I can do so these mailers aren't a comlete waste of my money/space? I don't have any inserts to sandwich the records in unfortunately

Well my best suggestion if you need to "make" inserts is to go to a book store (Borders-can do this) and ask for empty boxes. It's extra work but you'll save cutting up your mailers. You'll know also that these boxes didn't have and food in them and the records will be in good shape.

When I worked at Borders this was never a problem, so that's my suggestion for free extra cardboard...

Well my best suggestion if you need to "make" inserts is to go to a book store (Borders-can do this) and ask for empty boxes. It's extra work but you'll save cutting up your mailers. You'll know also that these boxes didn't have and food in them and the records will be in good shape.

When I worked at Borders this was never a problem, so that's my suggestion for free extra cardboard...

this. i go to my campus' bookstore about once a semester to pick up their extra cardboard and theyre usually more than happy to have someone pick it up. hopefully this time i can just sit down and cut the damn things up the day i get them instead of leaving them around my room for months. :-/ slanty face