document.write('+':6298j9ez]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Warren is giving a great prayer.

and in the process ostracizing every jew, muslim, and atheist in the country by rambling about jesus. i was under the impression this was supposed to be about unifying?

Actually Jews should be pretty stoked about it, he cited scripture that is all about them. And he never mentioned Jesus once. I'm not a fan of Warren, but considering there will always be a prayer before the inauguration he did a non-religiously specific a prayer as you could do. And any atheist who is honestly ostracized because the president has a traditional and ceremonial prayer before his inauguration is a fucking idiot, and should remember that part of having people except your beliefs is respecting theirs.

If he makes it so everyone has to go to church, yeah they're ostracized. But otherwise they're just being grouchy about living in the culture they live in. Praying isn't discriminatory and its frustrating that it's viewed that way, exceptionally since dude isn't talking about converting anyone. A Muslim or a Jew could have read the same prayer and had the same impact.

and in the process ostracizing every jew, muslim, and atheist in the country by rambling about jesus. i was under the impression this was supposed to be about unifying?

Actually Jews should be pretty stoked about it, he cited scripture that is all about them. And he never mentioned Jesus once. I'm not a fan of Warren, but considering there will always be a prayer before the inauguration he did a non-religiously specific a prayer as you could do. And any atheist who is honestly ostracized because the president has a traditional and ceremonial prayer before his inauguration is a fucking idiot, and should remember that part of having people except your beliefs is respecting theirs.

If he makes it so everyone has to go to church, yeah they're ostracized. But otherwise they're just being grouchy about living in the culture they live in. Praying isn't discriminatory and its frustrating that it's viewed that way, exceptionally since dude isn't talking about converting anyone. A Muslim or a Jew could have read the same prayer and had the same impact.

Also, I am not a fucking idiot. Bigot.

You're not an idiot for not believing in god. I could give a shit less what you believe as you don't commit violence against someone else in the name of it.

You're an idiot for acting like a bigoted christian who can't allow other religions to have displays at Christmas, and acting like all those wonderful people who act as if they're smarter than someone who believes in Jesus, or the Torah, or Allah or any number of other faiths, simply because you don't. You're the kind of people that said because I believed in God I couldn't be at punk shows.

The kind of people that can't allow a fucking ceremonial prayer (again part of the history of the inauguration) to happen without acting as if it a personal slight to yourself, as opposed to a unifying feature for the majority of the country, especially after an election where a large number of traditional Christians didn't vote for this guy.

I am sick of atheists who can't just say "it isn't what I believe, but I can respect that other people do."

You're not an idiot for not believing in god. I could give a shit less what you believe as you don't commit violence against someone else in the name of it.

You're an idiot for acting like a bigoted christian who can't allow other religions to have displays at Christmas, or who acts as if they're smarter than someone who believes in Jesus, or the Torah, or Allah or any number of other faiths. You're the kind of people that said because I believed in God I couldn't be at punk shows.

The kind of people that can't allow a fucking ceremonial prayer (again part of the history of the inauguration) to happen without acting as if it a personal slight to yourself, as opposed to a unifying feature for the majority of the country, especially after an election where a large number of traditional Christians didn't vote for this guy.

I am sick of atheists who can't just say "it isn't what I believe, but I can respect that other people do."

I am not a fucking idiot. Bigot.

Also, don't presume to know what kind of person I am. I never told anyone they weren't welcome. This is the government representing itself. This is a personal slight to me. So help me god? We don't need god's help, and if we do, what is the point of having leaders? I can respect what other people do, but I will not sit by while the money taken from my paycheck pays for someone to pray on TV.

You're an idiot for acting like a bigoted christian who can't allow other religions to have displays at Christmas, or who acts as if they're smarter than someone who believes in Jesus, or the Torah, or Allah or any number of other faiths. You're the kind of people that said because I believed in God I couldn't be at punk shows.

Also, don't presume to know what kind of person I am. I never told anyone they weren't welcome. This is the government representing itself. This is a personal slight to me. So help me god? We don't need god's help, and if we do, what is the point of having leaders? I can respect what other people do, but I will not sit by while the money taken from my paycheck pays for someone to pray on TV.

Ya, you might not be able to afford a car now!

You have an amazing ignorance of history and the situation.

Rick Warren is doing this for free. Sorry, you didn't pay for it.

Outside of that fact that none of your money is going into prayer, and in fact that prayer is helping the economy by putting pilots, drivers, and security by Warren's people to get him there, bravo for it. Another family eats tonight.

The first atheist president will still say "with God as my witness" because it's part of the ceremony.

PS "You're the kind of people that said because I believed in God I couldn't be at punk shows."

Whoever said that IS a fucking idiot.

Personal favorite experience. A group of punks trying to tough guy Mxpx into giving them each two dollars because "i'm not letting my fucking money go to some faggot pussy christians." Mxpx said "sorry dude already sent it to the secret Christian "ruin punk rock" fund." Dudes ruled.