Bush getting boo'd by a million people

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

not being a dick, but your jumping up and down like the countless atheist HXC doushe bags that mass in atlanta trying to make a point. your making something thats not a big deal into something more. if you wanna bitch about careless spending check out the inaugural balls.

im with loki on this. the prayer is part of a ceremony that has been used since the birth of the country. if you dont like it, bow your head and think of titties. theres plenty of other reasons to bitch about religion but not this one.

How prophetic of you.

If someone as ignorant is me may say so.

Also, my money paid of the ceremony. No prayer.

::)

If you didn't vote for him and your money pays for the ceremony can you say no Obama?

Also this is who's giving the closing prayer. Again historically important, not religiously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Lowery

we have seperation of church and state as a tennant this country was founded on. I believe we should keep it that way.

and we've done a good job thus far of keeping religion out of the government for the most part, while still allowing the tradition that people are allowed to pray at public events. Amazing.

in the words of matt skiba, good fucking bye!

A-fucking-men and Rick Warren might give a good prayer but that doesn't make him a good person. Any man who purports to reading and understanding the bible who doesn't get all people should afforded the same freedom and that only G-d should judge is an the worst kind of idiot. By judging, by trying to tell people who knows what G-d's purpose is, he knows what's right, he's placing himself in the position of G-d. I can't stand people like Rick Warren.

People shouldn't be stoked this asshole was allowed within 2000 miles of such a podium. It was a horrid decision and a horrid disappointment.

in the words of matt skiba, good fucking bye!

A-fucking-men and Rick Warren might give a good prayer but that doesn't make him a good person. Any man who purports to reading and understanding the bible who doesn't get all people should afforded the same freedom and that only G-d should judge is an the worst kind of idiot. By judging, by trying to tell people who knows what G-d's purpose is, he knows what's right, he's placing himself in the position of G-d. I can't stand people like Rick Warren.

People shouldn't be stoked this asshole was allowed within 2000 miles of such a podium. It was a horrid decision and a horrid disappointment.

Eh. It was a political bone thrown to the right. I personally detest Warren, as I think I've shown in the past few months, but it was something nice to do for the losing party. That being said, I think he did a good job and didn't take the opportunity to gay bash, which is awesome. I missed the end w/ the Lords prayer. That was lame.

Eh. It was a political bone thrown to the right. I personally detest Warren, as I think I've shown in the past few months, but it was something nice to do for the losing party. That being said, I think he did a good job and didn't take the opportunity to gay bash, which is awesome. I missed the end w/ the Lords prayer. That was lame.

Oh I know it was a bone but it could have been done in a much better way and frankly I don't think any bones should be thrown at the crazy right. Fuck them. They don't represent the country.

Oh I know it was a bone but it could have been done in a much better way and frankly I don't think any bones should be thrown at the crazy right. Fuck them. They don't represent the country.

Except there are people who agree with Rick Warren who aren't on the crazy right. There are far worse Rev's they could have picked. Honestly, and with no sarcasm, what do you think would have been a better outstretched hand to those still angry after the election or who are worried that their voice will no longer be heard because Obama is teh liberal? It was something nice to say, I am different than your guy, and I'm not going to cut you totally out just because you're the opposition.

Except there are people who agree with Rick Warren who aren't on the crazy right. There are far worse Rev's they could have picked. Honestly, and with no sarcasm, what do you think would have been a better outstretched hand to those still angry after the election or who are worried that their voice will no longer be heard because Obama is teh liberal? It was something nice to say, I am different than your guy, and I'm not going to cut you totally out just because you're the opposition.

I would have to believe there's a non-gay bashing minister Obama could have picked who would have been a Republican voice.

I would have to believe there's a non-gay bashing minister Obama could have picked who would have been a Republican voice.

Warren is pretty much the most non-gay bashing minister Republican's listen to. And having a Civil Rights leader give the closing prayer was moving for me, not for spiritual reasons but because that guy represents everything Warren doesn't.