Bad Religion - Into the Unknown

A classic quandry... do you take the BIN and hope it's not a scam or assume that it is and let it slip through your fingers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bad-Religion-Into-the-Unknown-SUPER-RARE-oop-LP_W0QQitemZ170191065566QQihZ007QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On a side note, I'm new here and don't know the code for converting a url to text. So if someone could let me know how to do that, it would avoid lame, long links like that.

Well, looks like it's missing the second insert, which may explain the low BIN. I've been hemorrhaging money on records the past 2 months (12 copies of the Goddamnit repress?!) so I'll leave this to someone who is more familiar with its value. Here's the info I have for copies with 2 inserts... all of these are quite old as I took BR records off my regular eBay scan well over a year ago.

Black (w/ two inserts) $125.00, $106.00, $114.00, $100.00, $185.00, $160.00, $210.00, $150.00

Will do. For some reason even the German boot from the early 90s goes for around the same price. That boot is real obvious because I think the cover only has one or two colors.

I think there's another, better looking boot floating around. The colors are a little bit off. My guess from the label it's legit.

For a record that only supposedly only 300 exist, it pops up way more than that. I'm guessing the number is more like 3000.

Will do. For some reason even the German boot from the early 90s goes for around the same price. That boot is real obvious because I think the cover only has one or two colors.

I think there's another, better looking boot floating around. The colors are a little bit off. My guess from the label it's legit.

For a record that only supposedly only 300 exist, it pops up way more than that. I'm guessing the number is more like 3000.

10,000 to be exact.

10,000 to be exact.

Yeah, but supposedly Brett had them destroyed, but he didn't realize that the person working at the warehouse had sold a bunch of them (supposedly 300).

i think it would be safe to bet that more than 300 copies are out there. ive seen a goood chunk of copies, probably close to about 200 or so myself, there used to be this dude on ebay who seriously has about 15-20 copies himself, he constantly outbid me on the damn thing for like a fucking year straight... same with the seeing eye gods picture disc.

i think it would be safe to bet that more than 300 copies are out there. ive seen a goood chunk of copies, probably close to about 200 or so myself, there used to be this dude on ebay who seriously has about 15-20 copies himself, he constantly outbid me on the damn thing for like a fucking year straight... same with the seeing eye gods picture disc.

Maybe it's Brett trying to destroy his embarrassing past?

Like almost bankrupting Epitaph in the mid-90's to support his crack habit?

One of my good friends used to be in The Matches. He has stories galore of Brett and his misadventures in business land. It's awful, because I love Bad Relgion.

Bret would have been clean around that time, so that alludes to other poor buisness moves...

funny story about this album,

bad religion is m all time fav. band, and one day my girl ordered books for school and got them delivered to her house, opened the box, and said "fuck they gave me the wrong damn books!!!" put the box on the bed, i look in the box to see a copy of into the unknown and she was just smiling at me. Great copy, has the lyric sheet, and the epitaph insert as well...

this xmas her and her fam all put in to get me the first press of HWM fuel on cow spot

needles to say she is the best girlfriend ever...

There was 10,000 of them made, they sold a couple thousand I think initially upon release and the rest were in storage in the Bomp Warehouse. Someone at Bomp just kept selling them and i think the 300 number was how many were left when they finally went back for them a long time later. There's a hell of a lot of them out there (I've gone through I think 5 copies myself over the years, one I kept for myself) so while rare and pretty expensive, they do turn up fairly often which is why the price has stayed around the 100 dollar mark and hasnt' shot up to the 300+ mark in the past couple years like a lot of other things have done.

One of my good friends used to be in The Matches. He has stories galore of Brett and his misadventures in business land. It's awful, because I love Bad Relgion.

Bret would have been clean around that time, so that alludes to other poor buisness moves...

You sir, are correct. The others add up to almost as many as the drug related ones, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...