Pet peeves about bands you like.

faith

Hearing the Justice song on the Cadillac commercial was kind of annoying. I should of have seen it coming.

I see that you used the preposition "of", instead of the verb "have". I know in speech, "should've", which is the conjugation of "should" and "have", sounds a lot like "should of". A ton of people make this mistake, and those people are very wrong. Just letting you know, in case you care about the English language. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing the Justice song on the Cadillac commercial was kind of annoying. I should of have seen it coming.

I see that you used the preposition "of", instead of the verb "have". I know in speech, "should've", which is the conjugation of "should" and "have", sounds a lot like "should of". A ton of people make this mistake, and those people are very wrong. Just letting you know, in case you care about the English language. :)

seriously, so many people make this mistake and it really bothers me.

welcome to the increasingly OCD-paranoia riddled thread...

one of my pet peeves(aside from several others listed above) is finding out what a song that means a lot to you personally...what it really means and is really fucking stupid...thus forever ruining the song.

I HATE THAT!

97 by Alkaline Trio is one of my all time favorite songs that got ruined when I found out it was about Matt being upset he couldn't smoke weed while he was on probabtion. I try to pretend I never found that out.

welcome to the increasingly OCD-paranoia riddled thread...

one of my pet peeves(aside from several others listed above) is finding out what a song that means a lot to you personally...what it really means and is really fucking stupid...thus forever ruining the song.

I HATE THAT!

97 by Alkaline Trio is one of my all time favorite songs that got ruined when I found out it was about Matt being upset he couldn't smoke weed while he was on probabtion. I try to pretend I never found that out.

this is what I was talking about too!

I HATE THAT!

I had a feeling! It's so funny because my two favorite bands that I am absolutely insane about are Alkaline Trio and Hot Water Music who were pretty big/are big into drinking and drugs and I'm straightedge.

haha i know right?! i cringe (yeah, i just made an alkaline trio reference) every time i see an old Asian Man mail order sheet and see "FYLO - $4" or "ILMFO - $4".... or worse yet, a Johann's Face one that says "Sundials - $3"

goddamnit!

You made two references there, buddy! Well done.

It kills me looking back at those old mailorder sheets. Or even worse hearing stories from my older friend WHO DON'T EVEN LIKE THEM about seeing them play about a mile and a half from my house.

I had a feeling! It's so funny because my two favorite bands that I am absolutely insane about are Alkaline Trio and Hot Water Music who were pretty big/are big into drinking and drugs and I'm straightedge.

...yeah but I think Matt's cleaned up his life a bit since he got married, I was really let down years ago when i found out he was cokehead.

yeah, well i've been fortunate enough to have seen them play more than 10 times, but they've all been in the past 5 years because my parents wouldn't let me go to a show in the city by myself when i was younger than 16, so i never got to see them play the Fireside Bowl or any of the OLD shows. i've been a fan of theirs since the start though, and got into collecting them early enough that (considering the amount of stuff i have) i haven't paid out my ass.

...yeah but I think Matt's cleaned up his life a bit since he got married, I was really let down years ago when i found out he was cokehead.

Yeah I've read some recent interviews saying he doesn't smoke anymore and hasn't for a few years and only drinks in very small amounts. Plus he's a vegan so I don't there are many alcohols he can actually have.

yeah, well i've been fortunate enough to have seen them play more than 10 times, but they've all been in the past 5 years because my parents wouldn't let me go to a show in the city by myself when i was younger than 16, so i never got to see them play the Fireside Bowl or any of the OLD shows. i've been a fan of theirs since the start though, and got into collecting them early enough that (considering the amount of stuff i have) i haven't paid out my ass.

I first saw them in 2001 when I was 11 and it literally changed my life. Since then I've only seen them like four times because I either haven't had the money or the shwos sold outt oo fast. I ad tickets to go the Halloween show at the Metro but a family emergency came up. I would have killed to have got that 7" for free!

I'm not the earliest of early fans, but I did see them a lot at Fireside...and haven't once paid a "premium" price for any of their records. But I also don't have a lot of their LPs either...those were the days of CDs and before I had my own turntable so I usually only bought the 7"s from bands because they usually weren't available otherwise.

Going to see them now is like, oh that's cute, you're playing "Clavicle". ...and even though Derek has brought a lot to the band, the band now vs. the band with Glenn Porter is a fucking joke. I still buy the records, but it's more of a maintenance type thing than anything.

I'm not the earliest of early fans, but I did see them a lot at Fireside...and haven't once paid a "premium" price for any of their records. But I also don't have a lot of their LPs either...those were the days of CDs and before I had my own turntable so I usually only bought the 7"s from bands because they usually weren't available otherwise.

Going to see them now is like, oh that's cute, you're playing "Clavicle". ...and even though Derek has brought a lot to the band, the band now vs. the band with Glenn Porter is a fucking joke. I still buy the records, but it's more of a maintenance type thing than anything.

It pains me to say it, but it's true. Anymore most kids get into them for like 2 years and then move onto the next big thing. I'm in the Blood-Pact because I would love to be in one of the Meet and Greets but the kids that populate that forum are probaly all under the age of 18. And most of them openly admit getting into them through Crimson...

Snort-a-line Trio

I don't really care about this band, but one time I saw Coliseum opening for somebody or another, and at one point during the set, the singer (who I believe is also in Black Widows and ran Initial?) pulls out his iPod and plays like a 5 minute clip of some right wing political speech so that he can spend ANOTHER 5 minutes talking about it, on-stage. This must have been in 2004 right before the election.

I'm not the earliest of early fans, but I did see them a lot at Fireside...

Going to see them now is like, oh that's cute, you're playing "Clavicle"...

My sentiments regarding Alakline Trio exactly

Back on track a little...Although alot of bands do this, The Lawrence Arms are the most egregious offenders: Being so drunk on stage that it takes away from the actual performance. To a certain point its funny, but when you forget lyrics and can barely stand up, uh, I kinda want my money back.

I'm not the earliest of early fans, but I did see them a lot at Fireside...

Going to see them now is like, oh that's cute, you're playing "Clavicle"...

My sentiments regarding Alakline Trio exactly

Back on track a little...Although alot of bands do this, The Lawrence Arms are the most egregious offenders: Being so drunk on stage that it takes away from the actual performance. To a certain point its funny, but when you forget lyrics and can barely stand up, uh, I kinda want my money back.

Agreed. I've seen The Lawrence Arms play really well and then be so drunk I ended up leaving early. Anymore I don't know if it's worth the risk to go see them.