People that sell books online..

thomas

What do you use to ship them? I have a bunch of old school books that have never been used, and some never opened that my old school never took back. I didn't know if I should go out and buy some bubble mailers, or some nice cardboard ones. Also which site do you prefer to use, amazon, half.com, ebay, another? Thanks.

the books that i order online from ebay come in bubble mailers or those usps boxes they sell at the post office.

if shipping a paperback in a bubble mailer, a nice touch (if you could) would be to put the book inbetween pieces of cardboard, and then that in the bubble mailer. It helps sturdy the packaging a lot.

Like everyone suggested bubble mailer. Depending on the thickness you could also reuse an LP mailer with the folds that can be adjusted. I've sold some paperback textbooks this way.

I buy books from ebay since most of the time it's cheaper but sell on amazon. All you pay for is commission and books usually sell for more. Half.com is also okay but you will only get paid on the 15th or the end of the month.

bubble mailers and half.com

watch out on half.com tho, I would not recommend offering "expedited shipping" if you have large textbooks UNLESS they fit into a flat rate envelope - you only get reimbursed $5.24 if they choose expedited and unless it fits in a flat rate envelope you are screwed

Guest baseball

I just cut up paper bags from the grocery store and wrap them like a present.

Adds virtually no weight to the package. I've sold at least 50 books this way on half.com. The shipping reimbursement totaled more than the cost of shipping every single time. You might only be able to ship media mail when you package things this way though, I really don't know.

Books, especially hardback, are sturdy. I never had one complaint about a book being damaged in mail.

thomas, got the movies yesterday.

Excellent, sorry media took damn near the full two weeks. That is the first time I've had it take that long during not holiday mail season.

I think all the books I have are soft cover, so I don't know how well just wrapping them up will work. I guess I'll have to see if/when any of them sell and I get ready to ship them.