Getting wisdom teeth pulled disapreesh (and ?s)

casey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine wasn't bad at all. When you leave, you are drugged out of your mind. You go home, sleep. take more drugs, sleep take more drugs and watch tv. I didn't take any painkillers after the first day, ate a shit ton of ice cream and chilled out. I had all four of mine cut out. The worst part for me was the stitches. They were the only reason that eating hurts the few days until you go and they remove the stitches. As soon as they removed them, I was fucking golden and most of the swelling was gone. The syringe thing is kinda fun, kind of a pain in the ass. Shit will get stuck back there so you use it to shoot the shit out.

Funny story about mine surgery, on the way home I tried to get my mom to take me by the video game store, and then I called my girlfriend to say hi. I used my mom's phone, and my gf thought someone was fucking with her. I didn't even think that I knew her number at that point. The next day, she came over and brought me brownies, coffee and ice cream. I told her to put all the shit in the blender for the ultimate milkshake. It was disgusting.

I'm getting mine out in 2 weeks, top and bottom. Going for the IV, and the doctor already went over all the meds I'll be getting (vicodin, tylenol+codeine).

The bottom ones are impacted, so rather than pulling them out, I guess they're being "cut" out. I guess the guy who is doing mine has been doing it for 35 years, and has never had a problem with them, and he sounded like he knows what he's doing, so it's fine by me.

After insurance, this is all costing $400-500.

I got mine out when I was 15 because they were too big and already fucking shit up, but they had no roots. So I got gassed, they open up my mouth, crushed the teeth with pliers, then pulled out the pieces. When I woke up I felt fine the rest of the day because they gave me a bunch of steroids. Then felt like utter shit for a week with a swollen face for another 2 weeks, because of the teeth crushing. It sucked.

All I remember about having my wisdoms out is my mum took me to Arctic Circle after for a strawberry milkshake. I couldn't close my mouth proper so after five minutes of milkshake, most of what I had tried to eat was all down the front of my shirt. We stopped at the drugstore to get my meds and I was told to stay in the car. For some reason, I felt the need to wander out in to the parking lot and when mum came out, there I was chatting it up with some Mexican kids on their bicycles with milkshake dribbling out of my mouth and all down the front of me. HA! She gave me a couple Vic and by the time we got home, I fell in to bed and didn't wake up until about noon the next day. Overall, it's not a big deal. Just plan on being incapacitated for a day or so.

I got mine out before they started to come in, since they were going to come in crooked and push all my other teeth forward. I had nitrous, novocaine and an IV for some reason. I don't remember the surgery at all, just getting up afterward and throwing up all over from the drugs. I was not in a ton of pain so I just took advil and was fine. The only problem I had was a bit of swelling a few days later since I did not properly ice my face like they told me to.

in 2000 I got 4 cavities drilled with no novocain or gas, militant straight edge style. It was one of the worst pains I've ever felt. I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled, but that experience basically stopped me from going back to the dentist. One day I will grow some nuts and get them pulled, I'll get knocked out though. I'm not retarded like I use to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine pulled Monday. I only got Ibuprofen 800 for pain, 'cause I can't take opiates. It really wasn't bad at all. I took some Valium before I went and when the tech wasn't looking I turned the nitrous WAAAY up. The actual extraction literally took 30 seconds. The bottom ones are impacted and I'm putting that off as long as possible.

Also, anyone who ignores accepted medical norms because they're straight edge is completely retarded. School of Hard Knocks

I'm getting mine out in 2 weeks, top and bottom. Going for the IV, and the doctor already went over all the meds I'll be getting (vicodin, tylenol+codeine).

The bottom ones are impacted, so rather than pulling them out, I guess they're being "cut" out. I guess the guy who is doing mine has been doing it for 35 years, and has never had a problem with them, and he sounded like he knows what he's doing, so it's fine by me.

Wow. This is me in a couple weeks. Me and Adam share a bond.

What I wanna know is did ANYONE get this done from their dentist?

Everyone I know says they went to an oral surgeon. My dentist wants to do it himself. Is that weird?

Wow. This is me in a couple weeks. Me and Adam share a bond.

What I wanna know is did ANYONE get this done from their dentist?

Everyone I know says they went to an oral surgeon. My dentist wants to do it himself. Is that weird?

Its possible, though I'm totally guessing, that your teeth aren't in bad shape so he might be able to pull them. I know I had all my baby teeth pulled at the dentist. However, these teeth are a totally different thing.