Another question about United (copyright release)

timwt

You could right whatever you want for the broker stuff. Pretty sure those forms are just loosely browsed over. I've gotten away with samples and covers multiple times.

Haha, I hope you're joking. This is NOT true. United is INSANE about the copyright stuff since they got busted by the feds a few years back.

What Justin said is correct. They'll assign an order number once you have a test press and stuff but the "job" number is the matrix number. And the broker thing is just for when someone else is brokering it (a la Pirates Press).

You could right whatever you want for the broker stuff. Pretty sure those forms are just loosely browsed over. I've gotten away with samples and covers multiple times.

Haha, I hope you're joking. This is NOT true. United is INSANE about the copyright stuff since they got busted by the feds a few years back.

Busted? More details?

Busted? More details?

The FBI stormed the building and put it on lockdown. As in armed lockdown, and no one was allowed to leave. The feds were looking for straight-up bootlegs, like live Madonna, etc. URP probably rolled over as much as possible, then hired two people full time to LISTEN to EVERYTHING they press. For real. They catch even the smallest thing. A cover of X? They know. Audio sample, forget it. HERE'S THE CATCH: they will bill you for any and all work they do up to the point they put your order on hold. So... that may mean you get billed for tests. OR it may mean they press 1,000 records, then listen to it. Gues what? You're screwed... and it is totally your fault.

Other wise, they are as good as any plant, better than some. It's all about your customer service person... and how much pull they have with the press operators and/or managers. BE NICE.

Busted? More details?

The FBI stormed the building and put it on lockdown. As in armed lockdown, and no one was allowed to leave. The feds were looking for straight-up bootlegs, like live Madonna, etc. URP probably rolled over as much as possible, then hired two people full time to LISTEN to EVERYTHING they press. For real. They catch even the smallest thing. A cover of X? They know. Audio sample, forget it. HERE'S THE CATCH: they will bill you for any and all work they do up to the point they put your order on hold. So... that may mean you get billed for tests. OR it may mean they press 1,000 records, then listen to it. Gues what? You're screwed... and it is totally your fault.

Other wise, they are as good as any plant, better than some. It's all about your customer service person... and how much pull they have with the press operators and/or managers. BE NICE.

Thanks for the info Var this is good to know