COALESCE-"OX"-TEST PRESS JACKETS-GREEN LIGHT

hey guys, i thought i would post the update about these jackets. i spoke w/sean yesterday and he gave me the greenlight to make the test jackets for "OX". there will be a total of 20 records. i do not know the details (for sale, give away, etc.), but if i do, you can be sure i will post them. there were 4 draft jackets to choose from and they picked the one they liked the most, less is more and here is the jacket they chose:

this jacket is only going to be one-sided. no print on the reverse side, just color (there will also be multiple colors of this jacket. they wanted some variation)

[image]

and here are the rejects:

this jacket is my favorite and the jacket they chose, but they only wanted the reverse side (shown up top)

[image]

the pics below will be listed (from front-gatefold layout (if needed)-to back)

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

agreed. i thought about it and i wanted to go balls out for this because coalesce is my favorite band ever and i wanted to give this the royal treatment, but now i look at it and i get it. on another note, if you guys want to see all the jackets i have completed so far, just go to http://www.myspace.com/ohioprideltd. and if you want to be friends do that shits up to.

As always Joe those look killer and I def agree with Sean's choice love the first one just seems perfect for the band. At the same point though the other one's are fucking awesome as well def the same ideas for cover art I had going through my head when I heard the title. Congrats on getting to work with one of the greats Joe and if you know how I can get one of those test please fill me in tell Sean I will pay nicely and walk his dog (if he has a dog hahaha)

great job.

from now on, i will call you 'joe the stencil master'....

:)

i thank you sir, i do what i can. i am going to start a thread and each time i make a new jacket i will post the pics. i don't know if anybody will care to much, but i am going to do that. i'll call it "jacket of the week" or "jacket of the month"

As always Joe those look killer and I def agree with Sean's choice love the first one just seems perfect for the band. At the same point though the other one's are fucking awesome as well def the same ideas for cover art I had going through my head when I heard the title. Congrats on getting to work with one of the greats Joe and if you know how I can get one of those test please fill me in tell Sean I will pay nicely and walk his dog (if he has a dog hahaha)
thanks pal, i'll ask him.

keep cutting template and spraying, joe the stencil master....

i shall not fail you. it maybe surprising, but i also sketch and paint, with actual brushes and such. the jackets that i am making for imadethismistake will feature my sketches, all black and white for the 1st jacket(shipwreck) and the 2nd jacket will feature sketching w/full color (blood in the water, shark theme).

keep cutting template and spraying, joe the stencil master....

i shall not fail you. it maybe surprising, but i also sketch and paint, with actual brushes and such. the jackets that i am making for imadethismistake will feature my sketches, all black and white for the 1st jacket(shipwreck) and the 2nd jacket will feature sketching w/full color (blood in the water, shark theme).

O man can not wait for those to be finished the sketch I saw for both looked amazing. The Shark theme was fucking killer!

I ordered a tour press of imadethismistake from VC last week and part of the reason was to get one of your covers (plus I wanted a copy of the album of cause). Missed out the VC press of Caleb though :(.

On your My Space you list that you've done covers for Boys Night Out. I couldn't see any pics for them but what did you do? I have a test press for Broken Bones and Bloody Kisses just in a dust sleeve.

I ordered a tour press of imadethismistake from VC last week and part of the reason was to get one of your covers (plus I wanted a copy of the album of cause). Missed out the VC press of Caleb though :(.

On your My Space you list that you've done covers for Boys Night Out. I couldn't see any pics for them but what did you do? I have a test press for Broken Bones and Bloody Kisses just in a dust sleeve.

that was for me! and i keep trying to buy that Test off you on DF! haha

Joe send me a message when you get a chance about whats up!

thank

i am going to post them tonight. i can't edit here at the rink, but i will do it at home and posthem. and hook ups, i will drop you a line.

here's the boys night out. this is actually a test press box set i am making. i haven't had time to paint up the dust sleeves yet, so i feel bad, but i want to make it awesome for him.

the front of the box

[image]

the complete outside artwork

[image]

the back of the box

[image]