PO: SILVERSUN PICKUPS "Swoon" dbl LP 180 gram

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

SILVERSUN PICKUPS "Swoon" LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/842803002511

I LOVED THEIR LAST ALBUM! I am really looking forward to this upcoming album. "Lazy Eye" was one of the greatest songs recorded last year and hopefully they still have it with "Swoon".

Swoon is a thick, layered listen, burgeoning with rich strings and crunchy guitars. The warm noise frothing from what sounds like a thousand guitars nearly crushes the opening track, “There’s No Secrets This Year.” Aubert’s delicate, wafting voice ties the driving drums and blistering bass together in a tightly wound web that keeps the track from imploding. At the peak of noise the track does what the album proclaims: it swoons, falling backward into a free flowing Eno-esque soundscape. The album celebrates the intimacy and anonymity of getting lost in a sea of people or the swarm of the cityscape.

Guest Admin
$10 too much.

Carnavas was a 2xLP+7" and you can still buy it for $15.

agreed. Maybe they realize they can make a killing on this next album. Or hopefully, the packaging is out of this world. Still excited about the album.

$10 too much.

agreed. Maybe they realize they can make a killing on this next album. Or hopefully, the packaging is out of this world. Still excited about the album.

Yeah something is definitely up with the big wholesale price and since Dangerbird doesn't do crazy color stuff, I too am guessing it's packaging... that or a bonus LP of demo versions (kinda like the 7" with the initial Carnavas).

$10 too much.

exactly, "noob."

i paid 25 bones for my clarity reissue. (with the gayest shirt ever) and still have a sour taste in my mouth about it. 40 bucks with shipping.. to los angeles from LOS ANGELES. ugh. oh well, money comes/goes.