fuck colors

Guest kevinb
If everything was pressed on just black vinyl there wouldnt be much to collect.

I think colors make it a little more fun and its fun trying to track down a rare color wheather it be black or another color.

I agree but you cant deny it has gotten out of hand

i like when the color works with the layout. makes the real total package

I agree with this to a certain extent. I really dig releases where the color of the vinyl goes well with the artwork and layout. But, I don't really care that much about how rare a specific color is. I see it more as a bonus when I open up a record I've ordered and it turns out to have a cool color. The artwork itself, in my opinion, is more worth than the color of the wax. And the music, of course, is what really matters.

Color vinyl is cool and fun as long as the color is not the reason you are buying the record.

Buying a record at a record store (or even sometimes online) then opening it up to find it is on color vinyl is always a little exciting.

Pre-ordering a record or bidding high on ebay because it's on color is considerably less exciting.

just enjoy the music.

Don't you have a complete TWDY collection?

yeah...because i chose to collect them. but keep in mind, i didnt mention anything about collections, this was aimed more at people who complain about the color of a record, or who wont buy the album just because its black and not lime green with purple splatters or something to that extent.

It's just that black vinyl has been the overwhelming majority for most of the realeases in my entire lifetime (30+ years), that when I see some crazy splatter, half/half, etc., I still get that rush of excitement about it. When it happens to coincide with some amazing music, there's nothing better.

I know exactly what you're saying about the state of this whole thing though. I love seeing people's pre 80's list, and Beatles albums, etc, because you know these albums are being "listened" to and appreciated for years and probably on multiple formats, no matter what color or limited press.

My 2 cents...

I have no beef with colors. BUT....

I like it more when the color is moreso a representation of it's rarity. And I really enjoy (and wish all bands would do this) when you don't get the option to choose your color, you just get first come first serve in order of rarest. THEN the color means something. But having a press of 1000 with 200 Green, 200 Yellow, 200 Red, 200 Blue, 200 Purple w/Swirl, and you getting to choose gets lame, and definitely doesn't making collecting fun, just ridiculous.

My 2 cents...

I like it more when the color is moreso a representation of it's rarity. And I really enjoy (and wish all bands would do this) when you don't get the option to choose your color, you just get first come first serve in order of rarest. THEN the color means something. But having a press of 1000 with 200 Green, 200 Yellow, 200 Red, 200 Blue, 200 Purple w/Swirl, and you getting to choose gets lame, and definitely doesn't making collecting fun, just ridiculous.

Recess?You listening?

My 2 cents...

Recess?You listening?

Huh?