fuck colors

Don't you have a complete TWDY collection?

yeah...because i chose to collect them. but keep in mind, i didnt mention anything about collections, this was aimed more at people who complain about the color of a record, or who wont buy the album just because its black and not lime green with purple splatters or something to that extent.

Who the fuck is doing that? I have never heard of this. I feel like this thread was clearly aimed at variant collectors.

Amirite?

I don't care. If it makes people money so they can keep making records, I'm in.

agree completely. i only really buy variants if there is different packaging (i.e. tour, fest, PO editions, etc.), but if collectors are going to buy every variant, im all about a label doing as many pressings as they can so they can fund more releases.

My 2 cents...

I have no beef with colors. BUT....

I like it more when the color is moreso a representation of it's rarity. And I really enjoy (and wish all bands would do this) when you don't get the option to choose your color, you just get first come first serve in order of rarest. THEN the color means something. But having a press of 1000 with 200 Green, 200 Yellow, 200 Red, 200 Blue, 200 Purple w/Swirl, and you getting to choose gets lame, and definitely doesn't making collecting fun, just ridiculous.

Recess?You listening?

Hold on a second, of all the labels to choose from.... you're calling out Recess? Recess?!

http://www.recessrecords.com/_wordpress/?page_id=22

Yeah, fuck those guys and their 100 different colors across 100 records.

But seriously, other labels do this to sell multiple copies of shittier releases to Johnny Collector. Recess just did multiple colors for the Screeching Weasel repress, which would obviously sell anyway AND retail them $10.

i've been listening to exclusively records since before rare color collecting was "thing".

oh god. you are so cool! can we chill sometime? i wanna be seen (scene) with you!

Gimmie a break kid, get over yourself. you are probably 17 and have ETID records and shit.

-1 for faggotry.

Fuck doing what people tell you, collect colours if you want. Getting pissy about how other people collect vinyl is dumb.

It's getting pissy about the people who get pissy over the colors. He specifically said that he's not at all getting pissy about people who collect colors. There's a difference between buying every color of Reinventing Axl Rose, and posting "OMG fuck No Idea for stealing all my money" every time there's a new color.

Getting pissy about people getting pissy about people getting pissy over record colors is dumb.

Guest smccown13

I just buy what I want, but if it' on a cool colour, I get a little excited. If it's a band I like, and the amount of colors aren't rediculous, I'll shoot for it. I won't go way out of my way though.

One reason why I collect records is for the artwork. I am an artist. I appreciate the artwork.

I just traded for the Baroness Red Album because I love the artwork. I am not into the band at all, I enjoy the album, but I love the packaging and the artwork.

When colored vinyl matches the artwork of the album, it is a selling point to me. I would choose a matching color over a rarer color any day.

Guest markovianprocess

I think sometimes a colour can sway you towards buying a record.

Like for instance that new Polar Bear Club vinyl, I had never heard of them till the preorder went up and when I'd saw how well the records matched the jacket, I had to go check them out. If a band/label puts so much effort into making a physical release like that, it shows how proud they are of the record.

I agree that labels can go crazy sometimes, but I've never really understood collecting every variant of a record anyway.

To echo what someone else said, if it helps the labels to release more great records then so be it.

i've been listening to exclusively records since before rare color collecting was "thing".

oh god. you are so cool! can we chill sometime? i wanna be seen (scene) with you!

Gimmie a break kid, get over yourself. you are probably 17 and have ETID records and shit.

-1 for faggotry.

-1 for bigotry

People love the gays on this board. You gotta know that.