KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN(FUGAZI BOOK CONTENT)

From Burning Flags Press:

Fugazi, one of music's most revolutionary and gloriously indefinable bands, played their first concert on September 3, 1987. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN: The Fugazi Photographs of Glen E. Friedman was released by Burning Flags Press exactly 20 years later. The 112-page, 9 x11 hardcover book presents the best of Friedman's unparalleled photographic documentation of Fugazi's members in almost 200 color and black & white images captured by Friedman onstage and off between 1986 and Fugazi's last U.S. concert in 2002. As Fugazi's Ian MacKaye explains, "While most photographers were taking photos of Fugazi, Glen was making photos with us."

It's a little pricey at $30 but i might pick it up anyway

http://burningflags.com/books/keep-your-eyes-open/

This has been out for a long time, I bought it for my friend's birthday at least a year ago. It's awesome.

And yes, sadly I thought "reunion" too, haha. I got to see them one time in a church basement in DC, and it was one of the greatest things ever. I would be so unbelievably excited if they ever played again. The most frustrating thing to me is that their last album was so incredible, I wish they could follow it up with something!

Also, did anyone else here go for the complete set of the Fugazi Live Series? That shit is so good. VC Co-op should press one of those shows!

If I were a betting man (and I am), I bet we'll see a Fugazi "reunion" at some point. They all still live in DC and are involved with one another.

Touring might be tough, but I bet they'll play locally at some point again.

Perhaps. I can see a few local shows, maybe. Is that too much to ask for?

But you're right - touring would be really tough. They all have little kids, wives, etc.

the reunion thing would be mighty weird and they'd have to prepare pretty intensely for it...they've never played with a set list so they'd ahve to be ready to play any of their 100+ songs...that might be kinda rough to get back inot that frame of mind just for one show. I'm not expecting them to ever play again.

I saw them play 3 times and it was absolutely intense all 3 times, the last time i think they played Waiting Room and I cried a little bit because I thought I'd never actually see them play that song...any time they broke out one of the ANTHEM songs it was fucking unreal.

Also, did anyone else here go for the complete set of the Fugazi Live Series? That shit is so good. VC Co-op should press one of those shows!

I have 1 or 2 of them, I'm holding out for some of the Chicago shows I saw.

I do have the last show they played which is a 2 disc set and in the second disc there's a minor scuffle in the crowd or a bodysurfer and Ian swears at the audience for like 40 seconds, you basically hear the years of frustration empty out of him. pretty nuts.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':f0jl58jt]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':f0jl58jt]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I have 1 or 2 of them, I'm holding out for some of the Chicago shows I saw.

I do have the last show they played which is a 2 disc set and in the second disc there's a minor scuffle in the crowd or a bodysurfer and Ian swears at the audience for like 40 seconds, you basically hear the years of frustration empty out of him. pretty nuts.

I have three of them. I'd love to have them all, but there are so many.