It's a Woot Off!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is this

Woot.com is an overstock site that puts up one item a day at midnight (central time) which it sells typically at a discounted price either until the following day or until their stock runs out, whichever comes first. A Woot Off is where once the first item sells out, they put up another one immediately, and keep going and going -- usually for days. It's addictive and fun and generally a great waste of time (and money, if you get suckered into buying something you probably don't need).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot-Off#Woot-Off

Woot-Off

The site will occasionally deviate from the one-product-per-day model for a "Woot-Off", where a succession of products are available for a period of unannounced length, usually 24–72 hours. This mode is indicated by rotating lights and a bar displaying the percentage of product's stock remaining. When one product sells out, it is replaced within a minute or two by a new product. The percentage bar is the only indication of how much stock remains; Woot never gives the exact quantity available until after the item has sold out.

Most Woot-Offs include brief "Woot-Off Detours" to promote shirt.woot and/or wine.woot. Woot-Offs are usually also the only opportunity to purchase Random Crap or Woot's special custom Flying Caped Monkey toys.

During April Fool's Day 2008, Woot staged a Woot-Off offering the same product repeatedly, except for a few brief periods when Woot sold Random Crap instead.

During an average two-day Woot-Off, Woot's sales typically exceed one million dollars.[6]

what is this

woot.com sells one product each day. Every now and then they get rid of excess stuff by having a Woot Off. Basically they put up a limited number of a certain item and put it on their site until it sells out, then they put up a new product. Shipping is always $5 no matter if you buy a USB thumb drive or a TV. During Woot Offs they always put up a Bag O Crap, which sell out almost instantly. The Bag O Crap is always really cheap and you never know what you're going to get. Most of the time it really is crap but people haven't gotten Nintendo Wiis and flatscreen TVs for ridiculously cheap (like $10 or so, I can't remember how much the Bag O Crap goes for).

its all good.

edit: there is a nice 12 bottle wine fridge on woot.wine.com

only 50.00

I saw this and was considering, but then I was also thinking about possible expenditures on the wootoff!!

Also:

Dear Woot,

SELL OUT OF BREVILLE CAFE ROMA ESPRESSO MAKERS! I'm trying to get something I need/want (mostly this) here!

Thank you.

Love,

Lydia

its all good.

edit: there is a nice 12 bottle wine fridge on woot.wine.com

only 50.00

I saw this and was considering, but then I was also thinking about possible expenditures on the wootoff!!

Also:

Dear Woot,

SELL OUT OF BREVILLE CAFE ROMA ESPRESSO MAKERS! I'm trying to get something I need/want (mostly this) here!

Thank you.

Love,

Lydia

I know what you mean! I 've been watching this damn espresso maker for what seems like forever.