Recommend some good Hip-Hop/Rap

Just looking for some hip hop and rap suggestions. I'm incredibly picky about the kind of hip hop i listen to, i hate mainstream garbage with those terrible lyrics about cars and hoes and money, and i hate shit like the new kanye album, with the weird voice equalizer he and people like t pain constantly use. Mainstream might be the worst shit ever, but i know there's still alot of good stuff out there that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

I really like artists like Company Flow, Collective Efforts, Illogic, Gza the Genius, Wu-Tang (some is terrible), Somobe, Jehst, Kidz in the Hall, Cool Kids, KMD, Cannibal Ox, Monsta Island Czars, etc etc etc.

Post some good hip hop with intelligent lyrics, good flows, good beats, you know, stuff like that.

;)

haha, I couldn't help but think of this.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/11/18/116-black-music-that-black-people-dont-listen-to-anymore/

Most relevent is this part.

If you are good at concealing laughter and contempt, you should ask a white person about “Real Hip Hop.” They will quickly tell you about how they don’t listen to “Commercial Hip Hop” (aka music that black people actually enjoy), and that they much prefer “Classic Hip Hop.”

“I don’t listen to that commercial stuff. I’m more into the Real Hip Hop, you know? KRS One, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, De La Soul, Wu Tang, you know, The Old School.”

thanks, i really needed someone to quote this again since it helps me out and contributes to this thread sooooo much. i would imagine you would read the title, and see that its a clone thread, and you would ignore it, but i guess not ???

I just "crossed" you "off" the list of people I like on this message board -- you join the other schmuck in this quote.

thanks, i really needed someone to quote this again since it helps me out and contributes to this thread sooooo much. i would imagine you would read the title, and see that its a clone thread, and you would ignore it, but i guess not ???

I just "crossed" you "off" the list of people I like on this message board -- you join the other schmuck in this quote.

clever play on words

i see what you did there

dude

Wale - Mixtape about Nothing

Cool Kids - Bake Sale EP

The Roots last album and all the others.

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

EVERYTHING BY OUTKAST.

thanks for the recs, but i cant get into outkast at all, i hate his lyrics and his flow, i love the roots and cool kids though, ill check out wale and that jay z album i dont have it