what bands you will suggest to your children ?

Guest kevinb
true story - overheard at the taste of choas...

one seemingly 15 year old girl to another..."are you going to tell your grandkids you were too pussy to mosh at the bring me the horizon show?"

Better yet why were you at this show ?

My kid is getting the whole Dan Yemin catalog.

THIS! :D

And if I choose to have kids they will also be raised on heavy doses of Jawbreaker/Schwarzenbach related music. All things Rollins. For bedtime I could see playing them stiff like Sigur Ros and Explosions in the Sky.

My five year little cousin LOVES when I play him Aquabats.

This thread is great because I'm planning on making a mix for my friend's little girl and I've been looking for more ideas.

I've been putting Aquabats, Weezer, the Beatles stuff like that on it.

Modest Mouse

The Beatles

Minus the Bear

Weezer

Jimmy Eat World

Beastie Boys

Get Up Kids

Look Mexico

This is stuff I listen to that I think a kid might find aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully my kid is born with a beard and I can get him started on Hot Water Music and Small Brown Bike right away, but if not, I'd start out with some of this stuff.

start them off (5 to 11 years old) with pop punk like descendents, ramones, buzzcocks. in their teens years get them into minor threat, GB, 7 Seconds so hopefully they turn edge and i dont have to worry about them doing drugs, drinking, or fucking. once they have their first real heartbreak ill show them some jawbreaker, alkaline trio, rites of spring, braid, lifetime. once they hit 21 with hopefully a beard ill show them lucero, hot water music, gaslight anthem, against me! with a beer

true story - overheard at the taste of choas...

one seemingly 15 year old girl to another..."are you going to tell your grandkids you were too pussy to mosh at the bring me the horizon show?"

Better yet why were you at this show ?

i was there to see thursday. thursday is the one band for me that i don't care who opens and i don't care how far i have to drive...i gotta see em.

---

and there were some great responses as well, ha.

The stuff most kids listen to right now drives me crazy.

I work at a bakery and I give out "sample" cookies for the children and there's always skateboarder "punk" kids who want some. I never give them any because they're fucking assholes, but today 3 came in and wanted some. I told them I'll give them one but they have to tell me they're favorite band, and if I liked it I'd give them two. The first one said Fall Out Boy, the next one said Sky Eats Airplane and the third said he doesn't like any bands, then the second whispered something into his ear and the third said U2, I guess he thought I'd like them. Needless to say, they all got one. The second one said he liked Dance Gavin Dance too. He said he likes hardcore. I figured it was a lost cause and I told them maybe next time, now get the fuck out.

integrity and trap them will be another good suggestion.

and give him some jake prints....

:)

you know how some parents put headphones on the moms stomach when shes preggo so the baby hears mozart and beethoven?

I always picture me and my baby momma doing that but instead of symphony number 9 it'll be age of quarrel

that's an interesting info, crossedof.

my mom only listen to the beatles too often when she pregnant me.

i think that's a good idea for put headphone on your wife stomach.

i will do the same if i plan for have my own baby.

oh, symphony number nine is the song which i have to write an articles when i attend in music appreciation. tough.....

Since my little girl will grow up in DC, she's going to be raised on a steady diet (ha!) of Dischord bands. By first grade, she'll be able to recite the entire Fugazi back catalog.

I plan on bringing her to all the shows at Fort Reno, so she can play in the grass and soak up the DC punk history.