Finding a underthetable job in Toronto

Ok, so I'm contemplating moving to Canada for 6 months (i got a travel bug), but i'd probably have to find a job. How hard is it to find a job in Toronto thats underthetable. Since i'll be there technically visiting and since i don't have the right papers to actually work legally. Unless soemone knows of some sort of loophole to work for the time im there. If anyone has any info, let me know.

depends what type of work you're looking at doing. if you're going to be up here in the summer and you'll be able to get to the suburbs there's plenty of shady contractors and landscaping companies that pay under the table. there's also plenty of flyer companies around the city that pay under the table.

OR you can sell crack in regent park.

Landscaping wouldn't b too shabby. I've done landscaping before. My old boss used to do landscaping and hire illegals , and he'd pay 10 bucks an hour plus lunch. Need to find a job like that or do website work on the side.

dude i think minimum wage is more than 10 bucks an hour... i know landscaping here in calgary will pay you no less than 15 bucks an hour

Guest errolwest
Minimum wage in Ontario is like $9.50 or something. In Calgary it's much higher due to the ridiculous cost of living.

The cost of living is higher in Calgary than in Toronto? I'd think it would be the other way around.

Alberta has mad inflation, also the minimum age for employment is much lower there.

Minimum wage in Ontario is like $9.50 or something. In Calgary it's much higher due to the ridiculous cost of living.

nope albertas is like 8.80 or something like that...

nobody really pays that. even tim hortons starts people at 12 bucks an hour...

Calgary rules! Everything is expensive, but people here make more money so it evens out... It's kind of wierd. Prices on shit are coming down though... slowly

Calgary rules! Everything is expensive, but people here make more money so it evens out... It's kind of wierd. Prices on shit are coming down though... slowly

Calgary is a really cool city. I had a ton of fun there.

I've considered looking into a move up to Vancouver, but I don't know how I'd get a legit job.

Calgary is great, but the traffic is terrible. Wait, so is ours.

No one planned for Calgary or Edmonton to see the # of cars that use the roads every day. I HATE driving around both of these places during the week.

I lived in Toronto for the better part of 2 decades. I was a child for some of it, mind you, but finding a legitimate job is no easy feat, let alone an under the table one.

Suburban (Mississagua / Pickering/Woodbridge) landscape companies are your best bet.

Flyering would be another.

I have few connections in the DJ/Club scene that I could send your way if you're interested.

Selling X on Adelaide St. is much better than selling Crack at Dundas & Parliament.

Guest kylewilliam

sell crack in regent park! youll make tons of sketchy friends and learn all of the sweet spots downtown to piss inbetween buildings!

Thanks guys. right now, i'm still contemplating. as i have a band which kinda grounds me. If i didn't have that, i'd already be living somewhere else. but i seriously am thinking of moving there for quite some time.. to experience it. I just want to keep my options open just in case i do decide to move come october. (i might take a trip to fest, then fly out to toronto from florida).

See landscaping wouldn't be a bad deal. i dont mind doing labor intensive stuff. my dad landscaped on the side and he made good money. now i don't know what i'd make there, but i can feasibly live within my means as i don't spend alot, and my bills and such are rather high here too. So i know how to live on a tight budget and still able to buy records.

I don't know where i'll be living yet, I'm hoping to get a job planned out before i even go, so i have a kind of idea of where i should live then go from there. I don't mind living in a suburb as long as it's near a transpo center or something of the sort so i can get around in. i don't drive so i bike it everywhere. If i got a job somewhere i'd like to get a place near there.. but we'll see. If not i just stay with friends till my funds run out and come back home and get a job again. I have way too many connections here to get a job so i'm not worried about cming back. I just don't want to go there and leave too soon. you know.

if someone knows anyone who hires underthetable in that area, by all means PM me. I figure if i know poeple here that will do it, i'm sure there's got to be poeple in that city that know people..

Landscaping wouldn't b too shabby. I've done landscaping before. My old boss used to do landscaping and hire illegals , and he'd pay 10 bucks an hour plus lunch. Need to find a job like that or do website work on the side.

dude i think minimum wage is more than 10 bucks an hour... i know landscaping here in calgary will pay you no less than 15 bucks an hour

see $10 an hour here isn't that bad.. minimum wage is less than $6.55 an hour, so $10 an hour with no taxes taken out isn't bad. I only make $7.25 an hour so... yet, i make $40 on top of that a day in tips so it works out..

I would imagine it would be fairly easy to get a job working in any restaurant or nightclub and just get paid cash. I worked as a "bar back" at a few different clubs and if you can get into a high end one, expect to make at the very least $100 a night. However, your shifts are pretty terrible, you have to work on all the good party nights and it pretty much ruins your life if you work there too long.

The turnover rate is pretty high so if you go to all the clubs on a Friday or Saturday after lunch to drop off resumes, you'll probably hit one who had someone call in sick and they need someone on short notice.

i couldnt imagine as an adult, working for $7.50 an hour, shit even $10 an hour. how do you live life?

i make $13 an hour and still live at home.

because til i get done paying $120 a month for parking downtown, my college loans, my car payment and other bills, id barely have enough left over to pay rent and utilities.

i'd have to stop eating.

i couldnt imagine as an adult, working for $7.50 an hour, shit even $10 an hour. how do you live life?

because til i get done paying $120 a month for parking downtown, my college loans, my car payment and other bills, id barely have enough left over to pay rent and utilities.

i'd have to stop eating.

if you only have 120 dollars a month in bills you are lllllucky...

$180 - student loans

$80 - cell phone

$90 - cable + internet

$500 - rent

plus credit card bills and gas!

it's a lot! but i'm lucky to have a good job

i'd have to stop eating.

if you only have 120 dollars a month in bills you are lllllucky...

$180 - student loans

$80 - cell phone

$90 - cable + internet

$500 - rent

plus credit card bills and gas!

it's a lot! but i'm lucky to have a good job

no no no haha.

i meant $120 a month JUST for parking.

then another $200 for car payment, $175 for student loans, $110 for car insurance, plus gas and whatever.