Shorebirds news (now with Pics)!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's the Shorebirds Shit. I know no one buys a record with out seeing it so enjoy (just so you know I got two of each. I told Matt I was buying it for a friend but I'm waiting until their out of print and then I'm selling it for a fucking mint! HAHA...Just kidding. Or am I?):

[image]

This is their split with Something's Wrong. It's pretty basic. All photocopied but it's a fun little package.

[image]

This is the "We do what we want" comp. It's pretty rad. Screened cover (several colors of ink it appears but after the cover fiasco on the last one I'm not collecting variants), stamped "Rumbletown Records" logo, fun little zine inside.

But here's the killer!

[image]

The covers are the backs of other records. It's something I've seen before but I always love it. It's very DIY and fun to see what the other albums were.

So there you go. Enjoy.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I didn't talk about the songs it's because there were 1,000 "pics!" comments and no one asked, "What's it sound like?"

Oh, and if you're wondering why I didn't talk about the songs it's because there were 1,000 "pics!" comments and no one asked, "What's it sound like?"

that's because we all knew it would be incredible and it is. I'm strongly considering getting a tattoo of a house in the clouds after hearing "The Movies Almost Over" to finish up my sleeve.

I think Matt is big on running Rumbletowne like an old school, DIY label. I'll admit I was surprised at how hesitant I was to use the ol' mail system. However, once I put the money order in the mail I remembered how stoked I used to get in High School (when all I could do was money orders).

Anyhow, I'd imagine they're trying to keep it as simple as possible, cash and money orders, only physical releases and likely in limited numbers (to avoid high overhead). I'm excited for it.

Thanks for the orders everyone...however no one has gone through the order process all the way so far. So I got ya'lls money but no idea what you wanted. You have to get back to my webstore after you pay. There's a link right at the end. If you leave before doing that I don't get an email letting me know what you wanted.