Axl Rose re-invented yet again!

Guest conoley

Keep in mind that the number of people who collect every color of Against Me! records is very, very small. A huge majority only buy one copy of the record.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's cool that they keep it constantly in print. It's a great album and should be readily available.

it is awesome that they keep stuff in print but it gets kind of ridiculous. there's no reason they can't press 500 copies on one colour at a time. 10 variations of purple doesn't really do anything for me. with that being said, i don't own any against me records.

Guest conoley

There's no reason why they shouldn't repress it on as many colours as they want to/can. Like I said before, very few people try to collect them all. In fact, why should they limit the pressings to more of one color? Other than a few people who are upset that it's costing them a lot of money, there is really no reason.

I think it's cool that they keep it constantly in print. It's a great album and should be readily available.

it is awesome that they keep stuff in print but it gets kind of ridiculous. there's no reason they can't press 500 copies on one colour at a time. 10 variations of purple doesn't really do anything for me. with that being said, i don't own any against me records.

why doesnt anyone get the fact that no idea does not choose colors for their records.. they get great pressing prices by letting the plant just use whatever colors they have laying around (ie extra from other orders) to press the records... which is why sometimes they have 1000 copies of a single color, and then sometimes they have 10 colors

why doesnt anyone get the fact that no idea does not choose colors for their records.. they get great pressing prices by letting the plant just use whatever colors they have laying around (ie extra from other orders) to press the records... which is why sometimes they have 1000 copies of a single color, and then sometimes they have 10 colors

same reason no one gets the fact that people can spend their money in any way they choose.

i have a question. as you've been saying, no idea usually doesn't know the colors because they use leftover colors, but what is up with no idea releases that are set in stone (i.e. the new tim version is pressed on colors divisible by 100). does that mean they payed extra to get a certain amount of certain colors?

Guest conoley
i have a question. as you've been saying, no idea usually doesn't know the colors because they use leftover colors, but what is up with no idea releases that are set in stone (i.e. the new tim version is pressed on colors divisible by 100). does that mean they payed extra to get a certain amount of certain colors?

Sometimes they will say, "Give us 100 of four different colours, doesn't matter which ones."

Sometimes they will say, "Give us 100 of four different colours, doesn't matter which ones."

oh okay. i was always confused about that. does the band have any say in what happens? can they suggest what colors/how many are made, or is this all up to no idea?

How many fucking variations on purple/blue/grey can they possibly do? Jesus, let it DIE.

You won't be saying that when you're in a band that makes money from people buying your records. I mean, fuck if No Idea can sell them they're going to keep pressing. Its simple business.

My theory is "big" releases and some new releases get "real" colors. For example, the new Hot Water Music record is pressed on four colors, 500 each. The Chuck Ragan LP was pressed on three seperate, distinct colors. However, for represses and smaller releases it seems like they save money by just asking them to press them with whatever color they can in order to save money.

Does that make sense?

My theory is "big" releases and some new releases get "real" colors. For example, the new Hot Water Music record is pressed on four colors, 500 each. The Chuck Ragan LP was pressed on three seperate, distinct colors. However, for represses and smaller releases it seems like they save money by just asking them to press them with whatever color they can in order to save money.

Does that make sense?

gotcha. thanks

oh okay. i was always confused about that. does the band have any say in what happens? can they suggest what colors/how many are made, or is this all up to no idea?

I'd imagine if a band really wanted their record to be released on a certain color, that No Idea would do so.