Favorite Article in the new AP thread

Is AP published in the uk at all? I wanna see why it get's such shit talked about it, surely it can't be worse than NME and Kerrang.

It's definitely not. A lot of the articles are actually well written and is some cool features, but it gets shit for covering bands that aren't universally praised by the underground. It's not like that's even possible, but whatever.

Kerrang rulez!

Kerrang is populist wank. Flavour of the month? have 5 k's

Haha, i was joking. Im not a massive fan of everything that goes in there and i work for them. Im sure the same is true of Scott. People don't seem to realise that you have to give kids what they want in order to make some money, it's clearly not to your taste, which is cool but you have to understand that magazines for the most part are parts of huge businesses and are expected to sell as many copies as possible. I'd rather occasionally have to read about metro station or drop dead, gorgeous than lose my job.

That said, in the last year we've had the likes of converge, gaslight and cancer bats on the cover which i loved.

oh i'd also like to add... flavours of the month quite often get a kicking in reviews.

Your specifically,well defined, individual demographic probably doesn't make up much of their target market, so even if only 1% of a magazine's content appeals to you, than the company has done their job and you have no good reason to complain. I know that mentality is kind of a stretch, but just remember it next time a magazine seems like total shit.

Kerrang is populist wank. Flavour of the month? have 5 k's

Haha, i was joking. Im not a massive fan of everything that goes in there and i work for them. Im sure the same is true of Scott. People don't seem to realise that you have to give kids what they want in order to make some money, it's clearly not to your taste, which is cool but you have to understand that magazines for the most part are parts of huge businesses and are expected to sell as many copies as possible. I'd rather occasionally have to read about metro station or drop dead, gorgeous than lose my job.

That said, in the last year we've had the likes of converge, gaslight and cancer bats on the cover which i loved.

oh i'd also like to add... flavours of the month quite often get a kicking in reviews.

Rocksound got ya beat I'm afraid, they had the balls to give a truley amazing album Album of The Year 2008.

Rocksound got ya beat I'm afraid, they had the balls to give a truley amazing album Album of The Year 2008.

Honestly, im not at all fussed if one person deems their album of the year to be better than ours (think how many millions of metallica fans will think the opposite), given that they're not even direct competitors... at the end of the day, for the most part what the bands we put in print aren't really the ones i want to read about, so if i wasn't working here im not sure i'd be buying it either.

But that's not what it's about, it's a job for me, and as jobs go, it's pretty fucking awesome, and it's a bonus that we do pretty damn well sales wise.