suggestion box?

So over the past couple weeks I've come across a few records I wouldn't mind picking up, but don't for one reason or another. Sometimes it's just because I don't feel like ordering from a certain label because I fucking hate signing up and logging in just to order a damn record. Please, here is my shipping info and paypal info, I don't think you need all of this other info and I never wanna hear from you again. Okay, that's rare. Regardless, sometimes I just wanna give a heads up to virgil/crew that carrying a certain 7" or LP might be a good idea. What comes to mind right now is the new She & Him 7" that seems to be a UK only release right now. Would be cool to know if virgil is getting in or to at least suggest he get this and I don't really wanna both with emailing him because I hate wasting peoples time.

Anyways, might I throw this out and if other people chime in, maybe the VC crew will take it into consideration.

Idea time finally. A suggestion box. Just a page we can visit and send in suggestion for vinyl you should carry or at least think about. I would be stoked if you carried the she & him 7" and if you got a couple more "suggestions" from other people for the 7", might be something to look into. Also, the mylene sheath stuff. I love those guys and will be ordering from them, but would be cool if VC started carrying their stuff. (or more post rock in general)

I dunno, just took some sleeping pills and feeling a bit out of it and figured I would start a meaningless thread and maybe talk you into getting that damn she & him 7" hahaha.

alright, good night, I love you all!

from their blog:

"Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" 7" vinyl single is available now for purchase at the Domino Records Online Store. The 7" single features "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" and a previously unreleased cover of Neil Young's "Lotta Love".

So I guess only one new song...

Guest afsdan

I was hoping Virgil could pick up the new LP by Lack, titled "Saturate Every Atom". Shit, I made that request in person, but I don't think he followed up.

I was hoping Virgil could pick up the new LP by Lack, titled "Saturate Every Atom". Shit, I made that request in person, but I don't think he followed up.

Lack is a great band! They change up their sound a lot with each release.

Dan, did you see them play at Double Entendre (with Forstella Ford, I think) back in '01 or '02?

Guest afsdan

I did see them with FF, it was a great show. I caught the show at the High Life Haus in the Springs the day before. I think it was just slightly better, because of the cramped basement atmosphere.

but those 2 shows are in my top 10 shows ever. So much energy!

were you there too?

Lack is a great band! They change up their sound a lot with each release.

Dan, did you see them play at Double Entendre (with Forstella Ford, I think) back in '01 or '02?

Is this the same band that was on Troubleman Unlimited? I always thought they were called the Lack. I saw them with the Blood Brothers way back in '01 and they had two drummers -- shit was awesome.

Guest Admin

this is a great idea. About lack, I contacted the label and they never got back to me. not much I can do there.

How about we made a page for special requests/orders. It would have the following fields you can fill in:

Artist/Title/Format

Label (if you know)

Notes - anything you might want to add

anything else you can think of?

Virgil,

I'll be submitting some vinyl titles I think you should carry. In the meantime, here are some related but non-vinyl items:

I'd be stoked if VC carried the plastic 7" record sleeve/bag things (like the 12" and 10" ones you carry). And sell them in 10 packs.

Also, I'd like to see you carry the paper inner sleeves. For records that come in printed inner sleeves, I like to put the actual record into a blank sleeve so it doesn't wreck the printed sleeve.

Thanks!

I wonder if there's a way to prevent spamming of the suggestion box though. Probably would be best to have to log in with your store account and better to only take suggestions from accounts that have actually ordered something from the store before.

Eh, I'm pretty sure someone there can rig up a spam filter captcha thing. If not, hell, a stickied thread here on the boards would work just as well and may get a better response since so many people visit the boards. I know it'd be easier for me to just suggest/request something when it's right in my face.

Either way, down for whatever comes out of this. If not, I'll send annoying emails to virgil or post here :)