Sometimes I really hate my job...

On Saturday nights it is only me and one other person, even though Saturdays are sometimes busy. Today the other guy called off, so I'm by myself all night since none of the day people will stay past their shift, even if they did stay they are all useless since none of them dispatch and can't take a proper call.

I keep telling my boss to put someone else on Saturday nights, but he is too nice to ask someone else. We have 4 people on Sunday nights, which are beyond slow. I just don't understand what my boss is thinking sometimes. This post is probably pointless, but it is frustrating to say the least. I guess I should be happy to even have a crappy job right now though.

Edit: This happens like every couple of weeks that this kid does not come in, so you'd think my boss would learn and add someone else but he has not.

I answer phones and call out tow trucks when people break down, so since I'm alone I can't get up to get any food or anything incase the phone rings.

Perfect excuse for some pizza delivery action.

I know what you mean though. I used to work a Saturday job in a mill store (Cut fabric, make curtains etc). When i started there used to be 8 staff in my department, which eventually dwindled down to just me and occasionally another Saturday kid. It was pathetic, and because i was the only one who knew what i was doing it meant most days i went without a dinner break.

Then eventually i got fired because they wouldn't let me take two days holiday that i was owed because i couldn't find enough people to cover my shift.

It was strangely satisfying to take a call from my boss asking where i was, and to tell me not to bother coming back whilst i was casually sipping from a can of splendrups beer in the Swedish sunshine.

Sweden Rock Festival > Dunelm Mill

I'd love to order pizza, but only have $5 :(.

I tried to call my friend who lives close by to bring me something, but he won't answer the phone. At least it is really slow, but not quite slow enough to play videogames.

Shit one dude, if you could Paypal pizza i would totally send you some.

My job is pretty cool. Coolest manager ever (fuck off, Michael Scott!), and I more or less just dick around for 8 hour increments.

Weekend shifts are awesome, because it's just sitting around waiting for a call saying a customer needs help. Which never happens. Books, movies, music, homework, that's more or less my shift. Couldn't ask for a better job. (For me, where I currently am in life, anyways. Post-education, I'd be a bit apathetic if I still had this job)

I used to work as a cashier at a parking garage. It was mostly monthly pass people, so it was usually slow, but you couldn't barely ever leave, in case someone had to pay (I was the only attendant). So you literally had to run to the bathroom to shit. It was doubley bad because you shared the bathroom with the park next to the garage where the homeless people lived, so the bathroom always smelled like piss and shit.

Also, it blew because it was free on holidays but only legit holidays. They held a big ass craft fair down the street the day after Thanksgiving and I had to deal with 100 screaming house moms who thought the day after Thanksgiving was a holiday so they should be able to park for free. Let's ignore that they didn't even bother asking on the way in, they just assumed and were pissed when they left.

Worst job ever.