Hip Hop Vinyl = Low Quality?

The Beastie Boys' reissue of Check Your Head looks super nice: 180 gram 2LP with FLAC download + B-sides. I wish the Paul's Boutique reissue was a 2LP, I would've picked it up in a heartbeat.

I picked up a Grand Royal pressing of Pauls Boutique 2xLP with a massive quadfold and it sounded amazing, I sure it wasn't 180 but still awesome.

-juliO!

Guest kevinb

Im guessing just because most of this shit is mass produced except for the more underground hip hop acts. They skimp on packaging because most vinyl is going to dj use

and they just want something without all the bell's & wistles

The biggest problem with hip-hop vinyl is that the albums tend to be long and then the labels will cram the whole thing onto one record. Yeah - for the most part, hip-hop vinyl is made with DJs in mind, although I have tons of amazing-sounding hip-hop records.

I'd rather have an album in a plain sleeve that sounds amazing than amazing packaging.

The biggest problem with hip-hop vinyl is that the albums tend to be long and then the labels will cram the whole thing onto one record. Yeah - for the most part, hip-hop vinyl is made with DJs in mind

not true.. when the labels release "dj friendly vinyl" it will come in 2-4 records depending on how long it is

(single or double CD)..it's easier to find songs in a dark club when there are only 3-4 songs per side.

I'd rather have an album in a plain sleeve that sounds amazing than amazing packaging.

right on brother.. +1 for that..