I really love 50's style movies.

What was 50's style about armageddon?

Its got a healthy mix of goof ball charm in its humor while having extremely earnest stretches of over written yet still emotionally wrought speeches. Whether its talking about the world banding together in the face of death or speeches about lost parents everything has this adorable sense of earnestness that movies from the 50's showed in spades. There is no winking cynicism in any of these movies.

What was 50's style about armageddon?

Its got a healthy mix of goof ball charm in its humor while having extremely earnest stretches of over written yet still emotionally wrought speeches. Whether its talking about the world banding together in the face of death or speeches about lost parents everything has this adorable sense of earnestness that movies from the 50's showed in spades. There is no winking cynicism in any of these movies.

Ahh.. Sorry the terrible ensemble of actors in that movie clouded that image for me.

Ahh.. Sorry the terrible ensemble of actors in that movie clouded that image for me.

other than a few second rate nobodies I am a big fan of Steve Buscemi, Owen Wilson, Bruce Willis, Ben Aflleck (seriously the hate against this dude never made since to me. he's a clark gabel, as long as he plays to type he's charming), Liv Tyler, Michael Clark Duncan, Bill Bob, and that black guy from The Thing. Everyone plays their parts in the melodrama, and it is total melodrama, and it works for simply being a big budget version of the old 50's ensemble dramas or later stuff like Towering Inferno.