Geoff Rickly calls Bullshit on brokencyde

brad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kevinb
God, their music isn't that great either.
No offense dude but if you really think that you are retarded, regardless if you like thusday or not

God, their music isn't that great either.
No offense dude but if you really think that you are retarded, regardless if you like thusday or not

You're wrong. Thursday certainly isn't on a level of suck with Brokencyde, but I never really understood all of the hype. Geoff Rickley's vocals make some thursday songs unlistenable to me, and nothing they do is that innovative or exciting.

Yeah...Talking about these guys on stage, is totally going to make them go away.

These fucking kids are gonna thrive on negative publicity. I'm not a fan but talking about em and shit is only gonna make 'em cooler.

i somewhat disagree. there comes a time where you have to defend your scene in a way.

But these guys aren't "taking over a scene". They're a shitty band that (until everyone started talking about how much they suck) I hadn't even heard of. The initial reaction is "hit these fuckers with everything you've got", that's how I felt when I first heard em and I did a shit ton of ranting about them too. But honestly, all that's being done is spreading there name around at this point.

First words of the video are "Are you guys excited to see Taking Back Sunday" soo I don't know what I think of this.

i think you missed the whole point of what he was getting at. he wasn't saying bands that are really popular and trendy are not music. he was saying bands with no heart are not music. regardless of whether you like either band for whatever reasons, it seems pretty clear (to me, at least) that taking back sunday worked their way up to where they are and play the music they play with compassion. i can't say the same for brokencyde. but i'm a big taking back sunday fan, so whatever.

ryan - full collapse was quite innovative at the time of it's release

truth

you guys are right, talking about them is not going to make them go away. BUT! if bands start making statements about them like this, maybe even refuse to play shows with them and what not, at least they wont get on "better" tours and they can keep playing with millionaires and hollywood undead. honesly, i dont want the kids that listen to that shit or promote it any where in my scene.

I don't know the first thing about either of these bands, but I'm surprised at the amount of energy some people on this board put into hating a band that they don't like. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't like them, move on, concentrate on what you love.

makes sense, but when you tell people you like a certain type of music, and then they say, "oh, like brokencyde.." it gets frustrating. the band is ruining various scenes that some people take pride in.

edit: so in a weird sense, it is concentrating on what you love. i love music. i'll defend what i stand for.

you guys are right, talking about them is not going to make them go away. BUT! if bands start making statements about them like this, maybe even refuse to play shows with them and what not, at least they wont get on "better" tours and they can keep playing with millionaires and hollywood undead. honesly, i dont want the kids that listen to that shit or promote it any where in my scene.

I agree with, "don't support them, don't play shows with them, do do anything to associate with them" but bringing them up just feeds them.