i lost my job

Got laid off in January, that's why I moved to Louisiana. I've been getting unemployment since then, but they base it off my previous job at Office Max, so it isn't much. The job I got laid off from I was an independent contractor, so I guess I'm lucky to be getting UE at all.

I have an interview with an airline tomorrow though.

Guest duhpunk

it sucks that there's really smart people out there who have been laid off and can't get a job at all, while there are plenty of dumbasses who somehow have a job, and are really bad at it....or slack off a lot.

Guest drahtuos

shitty, i might be losing my job soon too. it's a small family run used car lot and we're probably going under soon. this economy blows.

I got laid off in mid-January. I was working at a law office, making about $21 an hour full-time with full benefits. I haven't been able to find employment since then. I'm pulling maximum unemployment benefits from the state, which is $300.00 a week now after this stimulus check they just started giving people on unemployment. It's not even half of what I was making. It helps, but my apartment runs me $1,200.00 a month alone, so it doesn't help much.

I have no idea how they do it, but my town (Town of Tonawanda) keeps their Parks, Youth, & Recreation department very well staffed. I spent the winter working at an ice rink, got promoted for indoor soccer season, and am working the summer staffing a playground (one of the few places in the country that still staffs playgrounds). We're far from a wealthy town, too, so it's odd that they work it into the budget to keep us all on.