New Portugal The Man song

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. If PTM enjoy doing what they're doing, then good for them, but I wish they would go back to their sound on Waiter, You Vultures. It just feels to me like people are giving the band more credit than they are do because the people listening to PTM haven't heard any music more than 10 years old.

For example, the review posted references Modest Mouse, The Pixies, and Ween, yet doesn't make any reference to any bands from the 60s and 70s that I'd assume they are far more influenced by.

Well, to the reviewer's credit, they did mention Sly & The Family Stone, but that wsa waaay overshadowed by all the indie name dropping. Also, I'm not trusting any review that doesn't point out how absolutely stupid the album's title is.

Maybe it's intentionally stupid?

Well, to the reviewer's credit, they did mention Sly & The Family Stone, but that wsa waaay overshadowed by all the indie name dropping. Also, I'm not trusting any review that doesn't point out how absolutely stupid the album's title is.

Maybe it's intentionally stupid?

Judging by the band's reasoning for their name and their obtuse and esoteric lyrics to date, I doubt it. I like the band, but their concepts are generally loosely knit and uninspired.

I do believe that the fold-out is for the CD version, with the CD being decorated to look like a sun coming out of the mountains in the back of the packaging when you fold it all out. At least that's the vibe I got from the post on the P.TM website. But If it is also for the vinyl, SHIT.

I do believe that the fold-out is for the CD version, with the CD being decorated to look like a sun coming out of the mountains in the back of the packaging when you fold it all out. At least that's the vibe I got from the post on the P.TM website. But If it is also for the vinyl, SHIT.

I vaguely remember seeing that same art with an LP in place of a CD. Fuck if I can find it, though.

Bump for new website design and "People Say" download.

I keep checking to find any signs of a leak. Apparently that blog that had the Satanic Satanist review had a few songs up but the band told them to take it down. A few people downloaded the other songs, so I wonder if they're floating around.