New Portugal The Man song

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adam526
I've heard 3 finished songs off the new album and one song off the acoustic album. The full band stuff sounded good, but the acoustic track is mind blowing. Can't wait to hear the rest.

You're the death of me.

I've heard 3 finished songs off the new album and one song off the acoustic album. The full band stuff sounded good, but the acoustic track is mind blowing. Can't wait to hear the rest.

You're the death of me.

Agreed. I'm sure you guys heard the acoustic AP sessions (I think that's what they are) of Church Mouth, And I, and Colors?

Guest adam526

You're the death of me.

Agreed. I'm sure you guys heard the acoustic AP sessions (I think that's what they are) of Church Mouth, And I, and Colors?

Yea, they're amazing.

You're the death of me.

I was referring to an actual acoustic song from the new acoustic album; not the acoustic session from AP. The song I've heard is "The Sun". I promised their publicist that I wouldn't share it though.

I've been taking live shots of them since waiter first came out:

[image]

Guest adam526

You've heard 'People Say' and you've heard the other track they played live, but we don't know the title of it yet.

Ugh. If PTM enjoy doing what they're doing, then good for them, but I wish they would go back to their sound on Waiter, You Vultures. It just feels to me like people are giving the band more credit than they are due because the people listening to PTM haven't heard any music more than 10 years old.

For example, the review posted references Modest Mouse, The Pixies, and Ween, yet doesn't make any reference to any bands from the 60s and 70s that I'd assume they are far more influenced by.

For example, the review posted references Modest Mouse, The Pixies, and Ween, yet doesn't make any reference to any bands from the 60s and 70s that I'd assume they are far more influenced by.

When I first heard People Say I thought the same thing. I've never seen PTM live, and I've only just gotten into them over the last year or so, so I really can't say that I appreciated a PTM before Censored Colors, but I do agree each album has it's own sound. I appreciate each one for what it is and I think that's a good thing, although I can see it being a problem when you do want more music that sounds like their early stuff. Same thing applies for anyone... Gaslight, Fake Problems, etc.

Ugh. If PTM enjoy doing what they're doing, then good for them, but I wish they would go back to their sound on Waiter, You Vultures. It just feels to me like people are giving the band more credit than they are do because the people listening to PTM haven't heard any music more than 10 years old.

Well, to the reviewer's credit, they did mention Sly & The Family Stone, but that wsa waaay overshadowed by all the indie name dropping. Also, I'm not trusting any review that doesn't point out how absolutely stupid the album's title is.