New Portugal The Man song

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kevinb

damn I really like it, kind of reverts back to their old style but not to where they are repeating their old sound I really like this.

Apparently they just finished recording another album (that doesn't include satanic satanist).

I love that they're churning out all of these albums I just hope it doesn't sacrifice the quality

Guest kevinb

I guess as far as the whole 7o's fashing thing is concerned it dosent bother me cause they're a legit band and not out to make a quick buck

They started as a screamo band, discovered weed and started doing dance punk and then discovered shrooms and started sounding like hippies. I love this band, but they do have a tendency to happen to be whatever is big at the moment. They just happen to do it really really originally.

you are a moron. i know these guys, and they do what they want, not what everyone else wants. they love all types of music, and dont ever stop writing or playing because they love it.

They started as a screamo band, discovered weed and started doing dance punk and then discovered shrooms and started sounding like hippies. I love this band, but they do have a tendency to happen to be whatever is big at the moment. They just happen to do it really really originally.

you are a moron. i know these guys, and they do what they want, not what everyone else wants. they love all types of music, and dont ever stop writing or playing because they love it.

I never said they didn't do what they love. They have a good ear for music, but they're also dudes who've been touring since they were 18 and there in a stage of their life where they're constantly discovering new shit. I think their growth between records is awesome, and their constantly changing sound is great. I don't question their motives, I've spoken with them a number of times and they've always been stand up dudes. to their credit I think the constant outpour of stuff they've been doing is going to help them find their complete sound.

Sure I hate on stupid fucking trends, but that doesn't mean I won't like a band if I think they dress like douchebags. I personally think its absolutely retarded to be covered in tattoos, but tons of super great musicians are and I don't like them any less for it, nor do I judge them for it.

I would also have to agree with loki in the fact that they are about 1 or 2 steps ahead of what is getting big in the underground. I think thats great, as bands like that usually end up being favourites even after the market becomes over-saturated with rip-offs and wannabes. Another good example I can think of would be Poison the Well. They weren't a bunch of guys that were like "hey metalcore is getting huge, lets make a metalcore band so we can make a quick buck", they were part of the pioneering and evolution of the sound.

Finally, I think Censored Colors is their best work to date. I love that every new album comes with a totally new sound.

I liked the song, but it seems like something out of censored colors. either way this and the new brand new album are probably at the top of my list for the summer.. i cant wait. i spoke to them at their last show in my town and said they were recording Satanist and they were recording something that was along the lines of It's Complicated being a Wizard. these guys are workhorses.

Guest kevinb
I guess as far as the whole 7o's fashing thing is concerned it dosent bother me cause they're a legit band and not out to make a quick buck

i'm not saying it's a gimmick, i'm saying it's stupid.

oh yeah i know it is kind of but hey if they keep putting out tunes i like i don't care. i wouldn't really see them as hipsters..overall they are just making timeless music & I can appreciate that

• 2 weeks later...