Is Internet Exporer 8 worth upgrading to?

i'm sick and tired of IE 7 freezing up on me multiple times a day. anyone who has downloaded IE 8 run into the same problems, with pages not loading and IE freezing up? is it worth it to upgrade to IE8 from IE 7? i'd like opinions on IE 8, not switch to firefox or google chrome, both of which i tried and really didn't like that much. i'm old fashioned and want to stick with Internet Explorer.

i could spell it out for you?

f-i-r-e-f-o-x

yes i read your post.

seriously though? ie7? isn't that fucking old? i think i would upgrade just for tabbed browsing. without tabbed browsing i'd kill myself. and yes i would say the newer release is much more likely to work better, its been around long enough that most of the bugs should be worked out.

You could always use AOL, gramps.
It is better. Still not great though.

When IE freezes up in 8, next time you open it you have the option of opening the session that froze up.

So they've added more features that Firefox has been using since almost the beginning?

Do people still use AOL. I use aol.com for mail but thats it.

and firefox ftw.

How long ago did you use Firefox? Over a year? 3.0 is a much improved browser over 2.0.

Outside of work places that require IE I don't see the reason not to use Firefox (Chrome or Opera).

Firefox 3 is very stable, it loads pages faster, and the extensions... THE EXTENSIONS! Install Ad-Block Plus and the Internet is a new experience! If you need IE for a few webpages, install the IE Tab extension.

IE 8 works fine, it's better than 7 -- I've had no issues w/ it, but I only use it one or twice a month at work.

i could spell it out for you?

f-i-r-e-f-o-x

yes i read your post.

seriously though? ie7? isn't that fucking old? i think i would upgrade just for tabbed browsing. without tabbed browsing i'd kill myself. and yes i would say the newer release is much more likely to work better, its been around long enough that most of the bugs should be worked out.

IE7 has tabbed browsing.