i want to press an old album from my old band....

i'm completely new to getting your stuff processed and pressed. no idea what the cost is. where i would go. who i would contact.

i searched a couple things and found a topic not too long ago. but i was still kind of lost.

if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

thanks VC community.

i'm completely new to getting your stuff processed and pressed. no idea what the cost is. where i would go. who i would contact.

i searched a couple things and found a topic not too long ago. but i was still kind of lost.

thanks VC community.

between aaron and myself we can totally set you right up...email either one of us.

thanks VC community.

between aaron and myself we can totally set you right up...email either one of us.

aaron will accidentally ship your records to poland. he did it to me once.

thanks guys, yeah i e-mailed aaron, waiting for another reply. this will be sweet if i can get this done. its one horrible old demo, but i know theres some people who would pay 5 bucks for it.

you can easily do this by requesting blank labels and if you want covers, either buy blank covers from someplace online and silk screen them yourself or have them done somewhere local...or just get 11x11 posters made up and glue them to blank covers and have an insert made up at a photocopy place.

completely doable for $500-600 with a lot of DIY work.

The American Lexicon

hmmm, that seems like a lot of work and cash. I'm not too worried about inserts, detailed sleeves and sleeves. I more or less just want some presses, maybe inserted into some cheap ass dust sleeve with a clear plastic jacket. or maybe just the plastic jacket itself.

this project is not so much of a profit project or a serious one. We just had some old statewide fans that wanted a press of this, so we said why not. We are defunct and no longer together. I've never pressed anything of myself, so i figured it would be interesting, at the same time, i don't want to spend a lot, because i don't plan any profit.

The American Lexicon

hmmm, that seems like a lot of work and cash. I'm not too worried about inserts, detailed sleeves and sleeves. I more or less just want some presses, maybe inserted into some cheap ass dust sleeve with a clear plastic jacket. or maybe just the plastic jacket itself.

this project is not so much of a profit project or a serious one. We just had some old statewide fans that wanted a press of this, so we said why not. We are defunct and no longer together. I've never pressed anything of myself, so i figured it would be interesting, at the same time, i don't want to spend a lot, because i don't plan any profit.

if you don't want covers, this is still going to cost you $500-600 the plates alone will cost you $350-370 then to do a small run pressing it'll cost in the neighbothood of $1.50-$2 per record

fucking christ. plates are expensive.

i figured overall it would be in the neighborhood of 200-300.

unless you can catch a special that a plant like united runs from time to time...it's not possible to do it much cheaper. but I would strongly advise you that if you do this, do not ever get your plates made by united. For whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 their plates sound liek garbage. spend the minimally extra money and get the plates made via http://www.aardvarkmastering.com/

the only plants that'll do smaller runs that I know of...of approx 100 copies... would be United, Musicol or Alpha Records.

I've used United for plates a couple of times and I only had a problem once, which they promptly corrected. Obviously I prefer Aardvark, but when United runs those specials, it has been worthwhile.

If you think you can press LPs for $200 or 300, you're insane. Haha. Basically, as Justin said, you're looking at $350 for the plates, then a few hundred bucks for the pressing. United had a deal where it was 100 LPs, with 1 color labels, all mastering/plating/etc. included for $700. They upped it to $800 when they ran it late last year. It's not running at the moment. Honestly, that's probably as cheap as you'll ever find.