Happy Cinco De Mayo

I don't know if anyone outside of the west (and most specifically California and areas like Arizona and Texas) really grasp the absurdity of this holiday. People will be flying mexican flags on their cars and tied to their hoods from last weekend until next weekend. People have been having drunken parties since last weekend and will continue through the next. Areas of San Jose get closed down for traffic because of violence or out of control drunkenness.

And all for what people mistakenly believe is Mexican independence day.

I don't know if anyone outside of the west (and most specifically California and areas like Arizona and Texas) really grasp the absurdity of this holiday. People will be flying mexican flags on their cars and tied to their hoods from last weekend until next weekend. People have been having drunken parties since last weekend and will continue through the next. Areas of San Jose get closed down for traffic because of violence or out of control drunkenness.

god.. so true.. at least you live farther away from the border.

here are many stories related to the sinking of the "Titanic." Some have just come to light due to the success of the recent movie.

For example, most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. The "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.

The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today. It is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

thanks mom....

ROFLOFLOFLOFLFOFLFLFLFLFLFLFALFOLFROLF

i celebrated (not really) this weekend by going to San Jose and getting an 18" 5lb burritozilla from iguana's.

I split it w/ my bro and I couldn't even finish half of my half.

it was good but not the best thing ever, the main thing it had going for it was that it was massively huge.

i was mostly around japan town so i didn't really notice any of the revelry.