Star Trek movie. Who's Stoked?

Did anyone else noticed they killed off a redshirt when they went down to destroy the drill? I'm not a fan of Star Trek, but that made me really happy to see that.
I noticed it as they were freefalling. I thought to myself "That name's not familiar... Wait! What color's his uniform? Yep, he's done."

I particularly liked the part where Scotty talked about transporting and losing Archer's prize beagle. It seemed like not many people got that one. Star Trek: Enterprise sucked.

Holy shit I squee'd and giggled when he mentioned Archer. Enterprise wasn't all that great, but my dad watched it all the same.

And I'm totally happy they threw in the red shirt death.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as they name dropped someone we didn't know in the away team my group started laughing hysterically. When his uniform was red we started to clap. God I love this movie.

dont understand the red shirt thing..someone explain..

dudes in red shirts are usually the ones who die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(character)

i loved this movie, but srsly... who didn't.

dont understand the red shirt thing..someone explain..

dudes in red shirts are usually the ones who die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(character)

i loved this movie, but srsly... who didn't.

another funny piece of info for lost/jj abrams fans..

on the episode "all the best cowboys have daddy issues" during season two, boone and locke are tracking the others looking for claire when ethan kidnapped her. anyway, locke is marking a trail with pieces of a red shirt and boone takes the responsibility of doing it and says he doesnt want to end up like one of the red shirts from start trek. locke then asks what he is talking about and he says on all the missions on star trek when they go down to a planet all the main characters survive every time but the no named crew members always die and they wear red shirts. locke turns around and says "sounds like a piss poor captain."

• 2 weeks later...

so i saw this in the theater and really enjoyed it. ive never been in to star trek, never had i watched any of the TV shows, or movies (expect Wrath of Khan a few years back). so i decided to see if there were any of the original 1960s episodes online. and yes, cbs.com has all three season, all episodes of the original star trek series, and my deduction:

holy fucking shit! the original series is fucking amazing. the writing is great, the actors are great, and leonard nimoy is a badass. if you havent seen them yet, i really do recco it, as someone who was never into it before, the original series is top notch. and yes, shatner overacts, but it's still great.

i did however try to watch Star Trek: Generations the movie they made i think in 94. HORRIBLE. i turned it off 40 minutes into it. I can dig patrick stuart, but fuuuuuck, it was unbearable.