Burrito apreesh

Guest errolwest

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i've seen "cabeza" i thought "brain" so i never got it. i'll have to try it sometime.

which in turn lead me to find this:

making me so hungry... gonna get a burrito now

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/List-of-burrito-fillings

Meat

Beef

* Barbacoa (slow-cooked meat, usually beef byproducts, or sometimes goat [chivo] or lamb)

* Cabeza (although cabeza literally means "head", cabeza is stewed beef cheek—compare to sesos)

* Carne asada (grilled steak strips)

* Carne deshebrada (shredded beef with red chile sauce)

* Carne Molida (ground beef—compare with picadillo)

* Lengua (Beef tongue)

* Machaca (shredded beef, usually con juevos [with eggs])

* Picadillo (ground beef with chopped chiles and tomatoes)

* Sesos (beef brain)

* Suadero (beef from the breast bone)

* Tripa (tripe)

* Winny (Spanish spelling of "Weinies", cut-up hot dogs cooked in a tomato and chile sauce)

Pork

* Al pastor (marinated pork, slowly barbecued, usually on a vertical rotisserie, much like shawerma or gyros; burrito al pastor translates as shephard's burrito)

* Buche (pork stomach cooked in lard—compare with beef tripa)

* Carnitas (roasted pork)

* Chicharrones (fried pork rinds, stewed)

Poultry

* Pollo (chicken, usually stewed)

* Pollo asado (grilled chicken)

Other Meat

Some items, such as chorizo and fajitas, could be made from different types of meat.

* Birria (goat meat)

* Chorizo (Mexican sausage, often con paps [with potatoes] or con juevos [with eggs]}

* Fajitas (either chicken or beef)

Seafood

* Camarones (shrimp)

* Pescado (fish, usually fried fish)

Guest errolwest

my burrito establishment of choice has a location on every stop of my bands upcoming tour. beyond stoked. the quality of my life has greatly increased.

• 2 weeks later...
Taqueria Veracruzana on washington ave in phila is the best burrito i've had.

also, if you're getting yr burritos from an establishment like 'chipotle' yr doing it WAY wrong

no jokes dude that place is THE place for mexican food in philly. those burritos are the size of a new born baby and the tacos are to die for.

• 4 weeks later...
Burrito-bump!!!

Just made my own burrito, sooo tasty! I can't even belive it!

how did you make the tortilla nice and stretchy like they do in the restaurants? if i could do this i'd make one every day.

The only thing u can really do to a tortilla is heat it up on the stove.

So. Cal. has got to have the best mexican food in the country and its literally EVERYWHERE around here. I love it.

how did you make the tortilla nice and stretchy like they do in the restaurants? if i could do this i'd make one every day.

So. Cal. has got to have the best mexican food in the country and its literally EVERYWHERE around here. I love it.

you need to visit south texas buddy. it's practically mexico, only difference is that 75% of the people speak english here.

you need to visit south texas buddy. it's practically mexico, only difference is that 75% of the people speak english here.

I knew Texas would have something to say about that haha.

So. Cal. IS Mexico!

the best mexican food i've had is probably corpus and south texas. anything above corpus is awful. California has it's spots. i've had some pretty bad mexican food, but i've had some awesome shit. both places rock. The only thing is California doesnt have breakfast tacos? WTF? i was in LA and everywhere i asked, they didn't have them.. they had breakfast burritos though.. so i can't complain too much.

i just found out my 16 year old cousin has never had a burrito in her life. she lives in riverside, ca, so it's not a question of accessibility. wtf? apparently she's had simple tacos before, but refuses to eat burritos. some people are just weird..

WHAT? THE? FUCK?

seriously. How does this happen?