Best mistake you never made...

I was thinking about the pick up lines and the "who've you banged" and started thinking about how many people I'm glad I didn't sleep with.

Ex: Girl I dated in high school. A week after we broke up she slept with a guy the first night they met (in her friends truck) and had to go to planned parenthood the next day. Ended up being bi-polar and calling me a bunch later to try and set things right.

Girl I saw in college who said she didn't want to date because she wasn't ready for a new relationship (but we could be physical). She ended up dating a guy who was a convicted wife beater (and felon) and having him move in with her (this was while we were "together). No surprise the dude wasn't fully stable and (from what I heard) flipped out on some other guy she "wasn't dating".

Guest kevinb

I wanted to date this fat chick so bad, I'm not entirely sure why and near the end of my crush I realized she was pretty ugly and I didn't relay understand why I even liked her in the first place. I think it was just not having a g/f for such a long period of time.

Fast forward to 3 years later, she is fatter and has a bull cut

This isn't really a mistake on my behalf, but an interesting story. In my Freshman year of college I was really into this girl Dana who was still a senior in high school. We dated for a little bit, but she was more keen on playing head games. She ended up cheating on me w/ a guy named Dana, he took her virginity and gave her herpes in return. She wanted to get back w/ me after their fling ended, but I denied that request.

Almost (3 months out) Married the wrong girl. This girl and I were "engaged". I use the quotation marks to denote the fact that I never asked her to marry me, she just kinda financed her OWN ring and we were thus engaged. About 4 months before we were to get married I met this girl, who I've now been with for 6+ years, and realized that I wasn't happy at all and there was a lot more to life than living with a crazy lunatic.

This isn't really a mistake on my behalf, but an interesting story. In my Freshman year of college I was really into this girl Dana who was still a senior in high school. We dated for a little bit, but she was more keen on playing head games. She ended up cheating on me w/ a guy named Dana, he took her virginity and gave her herpes in return. She wanted to get back w/ me after their fling ended, but I denied that request.

Wait...a girl named Dana cheated on you with a guy named Dana? This is like a sitcom.

I'll also take the opportunity to note that this thread is way shorter meaning I don't think many VCers have passed on opportunities to play genital boxing.

In my senior year of high school I had this one girl who was bat shit crazy about me,her name was Jessica, she would buy me lunch every day.There was this one time I saw an AM! 7" and I didnt have the cash for it, she ended up buying 4 different ones that I didnt have at the time...the problem was I didnt like her, I wanted to be here friend but she didnt see it that way, so everytime I would have a different girl in HS she would try to break us up. I had recently started dating a girl who could not stand Jessica and wanted her out so I decided that I tell her I couldnt be friends anymore,she went crazy and went to Mexico, she tried to tell me that she OD'ed there (She didn't), then she threated to tell my GF (Ex now) that she gave me head and that I wanted to run away with her (she was ugly and crazy so I didnt). She then started kinda following me with her friends and trying to ruin my life but I didnt let it get to me...I still remember a time where I was kinda alone in high school and I didnt hook up with her....thank god.

Guest drahtuos

i almost got a couple credit cards and got in way over my head, oh wait..

no but i did almost marry a girl that i'm so glad i didn't.. massive debt is way less miserable than marrying her would have been.

Guest kylewilliam

i liked this girl from baltimore, we met at a show there once and continued talking for months afterwards. next time i was there i decided against going further than being friends...good decision, considering she turned out to be insane, had a crackhead stalker, and had a kid. woo!

ialmostmadethismistake

when i was 16 i wanted to loose my virginity and at that point didn't really care who too. so i started talking to this girl from another school who was a year younger than me. we became friends and all that shit, then like 5 or 6 months later i had the chance to sleep with her, and from talking to her a good bit on aim i knew she had been around a bit. she tells me 9 guys which kinda freaked me out back then, but i was ok with it... then she tells me we can't use a condom because she's allergic to latex. i was like hell no and we never fucked. 2 weeks later she came into the pharmacy i worked at to pick up Valtrex, a herpes medication. then about a month after that she tells me she's pregnant. so fucking glad i didn't let the little head do all the thinking. i found out later from a friend of hers that it was at least twice the 9 guys she had told me, and she had the kid's possible father narrowed down to 5 guys. well the kid wasn't black, so that eliminated one... she never did find out the real father i guess and that was like 6 or 7 years ago.