The Senor And The Queen-The Gaslight Anthem

Do you need help off your high horse because it seems WAY up there. He's NOT complaining about slow mail. He's complaining, a complaint I echo, because it seems pointless to pre-order, a process that should ensure you get a release quicker than anyone else, and get your records after distribution center orders.

Its quite simple, its a fair complaint. If I order on pre-order I should get my order before No Idea (using them for this example) gets their records let alone No Idea ships their records to their customers. People who pre-order should come before distros in mailing order.

I'm scared of horses. Big vacant eyes, tall, creepy. I imagine high horses must be extra double scary.

As to you goons' pre-order complaints. Pre-order in no fucking way means you should be entitled to get stuff first. It simply means "Hey I paid for some shit, guarantee that you send it to me." In the case of possibly hot titles, such as say the PIB release, it guaranteed you a record, before (pre) it was released to other distros and the general public. In the PIB case you were guaranteed your vinyl (and received it, but not after further complaints) and those that snoozed or said, "I'll just grab it at the show or from Internetsuperrecordstore" lost out. Because they didn't pre-order, thus guaranteeing their copy.

In the Gaslight case you goons pre-ordered records that didn't completely sell through and you saw it elsewheres and now your the bitter asses. Entitled bitter asses. Pre-order guarantees you a spot on the bus, not the front fucking seat. Be glad you're on the bus. Don't wanna pre-order, then fine, that's just more goodies for others that care more about the band and their art and supporting them to the fullest than receiving a material good in the mail on time before all your super cool scenester friends have shit.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need help off your high horse because it seems WAY up there. He's NOT complaining about slow mail. He's complaining, a complaint I echo, because it seems pointless to pre-order, a process that should ensure you get a release quicker than anyone else, and get your records after distribution center orders.

Its quite simple, its a fair complaint. If I order on pre-order I should get my order before No Idea (using them for this example) gets their records let alone No Idea ships their records to their customers. People who pre-order should come before distros in mailing order.

I'm scared of horses. Big vacant eyes, tall, creepy. I imagine high horses must be extra double scary.

As to you goons' pre-order complaints. Pre-order in no fucking way means you should be entitled to get stuff first. It simply means "Hey I paid for some shit, guarantee that you send it to me." In the case of possibly hot titles, such as say the PIB release, it guaranteed you a record, before (pre) it was released to other distros and the general public. In the PIB case you were guaranteed your vinyl (and received it, but not after further complaints) and those that snoozed or said, "I'll just grab it at the show or from Internetsuperrecordstore" lost out. Because they didn't pre-order, thus guaranteeing their copy.

In the Gaslight case you goons pre-ordered records that didn't completely sell through and you saw it elsewheres and now your the bitter asses. Entitled bitter asses. Pre-order guarantees you a spot on the bus, not the front fucking seat. Be glad you're on the bus. Don't wanna pre-order, then fine, that's just more goodies for others that care more about the band and their art and supporting them to the fullest than receiving a material good in the mail on time before all your super cool scenester friends have shit.

I agree.

A lot of people are going to jump on this guy's case because he's coming off like a dick but if you think about what he's saying (as opposed to how he's saying it) he makes total sense.

Guest genericinsight

I think the main problem with the whole pre-order thing is that a label hypes it up so that they claim you can get a record before anyone else does, so that's what we think. Every "pre-order" I've ever ordered I've gotten before the official release, even if it was simply a week. I don't do it because I want to be cool or show off to anyone, I order because I'm sometimes impatient and just want to hear the record and be able to have it. I understand there was an issue with this one and I think we're all just impatient right now and thus venting, but since it's it's the Internet and emotions are hard to convey through type and text, it can come off as sounding that we're angry.

Again, I'm not sure why the name calling but it really does detract from your point. I personally am a fan of how you assume that anyone who is upset about not getting the album yet is more into being a scenester than supporting the band. The exact reason I was upset about the delay and not getting the album is that I don't download the album so I don't have a copy yet. I received a promo CD in the mail yesterday (something I didn't know when I ordered both the CD and 7-inches) so I'm not so impatient at the moment.

Anyhow, I love Gaslight Anthem and have always supported them, even before the strange internet hype. I didn't/don't want the 7" to be "hip" I want it to listen to. Sure I'd like white, but I'd settle for the album in any color or form really.

Additionally, you're correct, pre-order doesn't mean you get the album fastest. However, from the Sabot site:

1/28/08 - We are now taking pre-orders for The Gaslight Anthem EP. The release date has been pushed back to February 12th due to packaging delays. All pre-orders will ship on or around the release date.

It's possible they're using a much broader term for "around" than I would have but I would generally consider "two weeks" to be around. Like I said, I'm not going to set Jordan on fire I'm just bummed. I've bought stuff from him before and he's said, "I'm out with Against Me! right now and I'll send it when I get back" and sometimes that's taken months. I'm okay with that, because I'm given a heads up and I know I couldn't get it elsewhere. This situation is different, hence it bums me out. I'm not saying he's a dick, I'm not saying I'll never order from him again, I'm just saying I would have like to have had my record sometime around when I was told I'd get it. I don't know why some of you seem to think that I lay in bed and cry over this, but I guess you're allowed to fantasize.

While I agree with pretty much all of what you said, you could have said it much better without name calling and without trying to sound more punk than everyone else. We don't know you and you don't know us. I'm all for people sharing their opinions, but you're coming off as a real jerk, which in many cases will cause people to lose sight of the points you're trying to make, which I think are valid, but are getting clouded by your attitude.

As for me, I didn't say a peep about the delay of this pre-order. Yeah, I want it and I want it as soon as I can have it. I paid for it and I'm glad that one is earmarked for me. I don't expect labels to hand-deliver my records on a silver platter the day I order it, but it's nice to be kept in the loop or notified of delays.