The Senor And The Queen-The Gaslight Anthem

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i need more negative karma, but since you all are apparently wicked christian or catholic, the whole karma thing doesn't really apply, but yeah, if you are or are not offended by the people/things they thank in their liner notes, at least they are making you think about it in some way, either yeah i agree with that or nah man that's not my thing, and that alone, to me, is being preachy. again, i like the music, but it does put a sour taste in my mouth. those dudes worked really hard to get where they are, they practiced and practiced and practiced and played really hard, and the fact that they don't 100% attribute it to that aspect (for those not paying attention, that aspect is their hard work) and instead share their talent with a higher being (you know, instead of the fact that they are good musicians for reasons besides a higher being/power), makes me question something about them. i've heard nothing but the fact that they are the best guys, but i observed this and thought i'd bring it up to discussion rather than you know, ignore it.

so yeah, give me negative karma, which a few of you have done, but at least you know

hey guys i need more negative karma, but since you all are apparently wicked christian or catholic, the whole karma thing doesn't really apply, but yeah, if you are or are not offended by the people/things they thank in their liner notes, at least they are making you think about it in some way, either yeah i agree with that or nah man that's not my thing, and that alone, to me, is being preachy. again, i like the music, but it does put a sour taste in my mouth. those dudes worked really hard to get where they are, they practiced and practiced and practiced and played really hard, and the fact that they don't 100% attribute it to that aspect (for those not paying attention, that aspect is their hard work) and instead share their talent with a higher being (you know, instead of the fact that they are good musicians for reasons besides a higher being/power), makes me question something about them. i've heard nothing but the fact that they are the best guys, but i observed this and thought i'd bring it up to discussion rather than you know, ignore it.

so yeah, give me negative karma, which a few of you have done, but at least you know

Dude, what the fuck do you care? They're not preaching their thoughts and beliefs at you, so what's it matter?

And the only thing making us think about it is idiots like you making a big deal out of nothing. I read the liner notes as soon as I got it, and I didn't think twice.

Guest genericinsight

well first of all Benny, the drummer, is Jewish. and I think Alex, the bassist (guy who thanked God in the liner notes) might be as well. Just because someone believes in a god doesn't mean they're automatically Christian/Catholic. If you read the liner notes of Sink Or Swim, I'm sure he thanked god on that one too, so it's not as if this is a new development or anything.

second, I'm actually atheist but I don't care about what someone in a band believes, especially if it's not being preached about in their music.

No offense and I didn't click the smite button or anything, but I honestly think you're making way too big a deal about this.

This is one of the dumbest arguements I have ever read. Get over your high school "fuck christians" attitude and grow up a little. -1

youre an idiot, just cancel your account.