The Senor And The Queen-The Gaslight Anthem

Dude, when you place your order months ago and the label says they have a release date, and then that date gets pushed back, and then the album comes out and other distros are delivering it but the label isn't, I think it's a far enough reason to be slightly miffed.

I don't worry about Baroness's Red Album because I know that even if it's delayed I'm not going to get it anywhere faster than Hyperrealist. But why place an order months ago (like Misfortunes) when I could have picked up the exact same album, in the same colors from the band last night? It's just weak.

Well dude, seeing as No Idea handles the distribution for Sabot Productions, it shouldn't be a very big surprise that they would get the record first. Sabot is probably waiting to get their copies from No Idea. Not to mention No Idea is a MUCH larger record label than Sabot (with full-time employees and stuff), so they are much more likely to get their orders packaged and shipped sooner than Sabot.

So un-bunch your panties and keep checking your parent's mailbox, it will show up soon. Be glad the record even exists, Sabot was responsible for it after all.

Dude, he's complaining about the pre-order and how he could get it faster had he not pre-ordered. What you said proves his point more than anything. He could just order from No Idea as opposed to Sabot and had his records. I agree with him, its weak. You do a pre-order you ship those bad boys first, not last.

I don't think anyone is actually overly unhappy or annoyed, just slightly.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, when you place your order months ago and the label says they have a release date, and then that date gets pushed back, and then the album comes out and other distros are delivering it but the label isn't, I think it's a far enough reason to be slightly miffed.

I don't worry about Baroness's Red Album because I know that even if it's delayed I'm not going to get it anywhere faster than Hyperrealist. But why place an order months ago (like Misfortunes) when I could have picked up the exact same album, in the same colors from the band last night? It's just weak.

Well dude, seeing as No Idea handles the distribution for Sabot Productions, it shouldn't be a very big surprise that they would get the record first. Sabot is probably waiting to get their copies from No Idea. Not to mention No Idea is a MUCH larger record label than Sabot (with full-time employees and stuff), so they are much more likely to get their orders packaged and shipped sooner than Sabot.

So un-bunch your panties and keep checking your parent's mailbox, it will show up soon. Be glad the record even exists, Sabot was responsible for it after all.

I'm not sure what good checking my parent's mailbox would do. Did my dad order a copy? Did he get one for me too? He didn't say anything about it when I visited him on Saturday...Odd.

And I'm not sure what you're saying other than, "You could have gotten it faster from No Idea", which is exactly what I said, so cheers on that.

And no, Sabot was not responsible for the EP. Gaslight was talking about doing one and had discussed it with other labels (including Chunksaah) but decided to go with Sabot. Jordan didn't breath life into sand and create an album.

And no, Sabot was not responsible for the EP. Gaslight was talking about doing one and had discussed it with other labels (including Chunksaah) but decided to go with Sabot. Jordan didn't breath life into sand and create an album.

Really??? I could have sworn Jordan played all the instruments and sang the songs and mixed polymer vinyl and pressed the records and printed the sleeves on his own and just let Gaslight have the credit. Don't be douche bag.

And I'm not sure what you're saying other than, "You could have gotten it faster from No Idea", which is exactly what I said, so cheers on that.

I made a comment on the patience of vinyl collectors and you responded by complaining about how long it is taking to get your copy. So I gave, what I thought was a reasonable idea as to why it's taking so long to get the order from Sabot and why No Idea is quicker to get theirs out. You just seem to want to be an impatient, whiny bitch, so cheers on that.

Really??? I could have sworn Jordan played all the instruments and sang the songs and mixed polymer vinyl and pressed the records and printed the sleeves on his own and just let Gaslight have the credit. Don't be douche bag.

I made a comment on the patience of vinyl collectors and you responded by complaining about how long it is taking to get your copy. So I gave, what I thought was a reasonable idea as to why it's taking so long to get the order from Sabot and why No Idea is quicker to get theirs out. You just seem to want to be an impatient, whiny bitch, so cheers on that.

C'mon now. This is entirely nonproductive. I get that complaining isn't going to make it come any faster but silly name calling isn't going to help anything. Perhaps my remarks were a bit harsh but straight name calling doesn't advance any sort conversation.

Basically, I'm bummed out that I pre-ordered this from the label (which is typically the fastest, most direct way to get an album) and I still haven't gotten it. Meanwhile, folks who ordered from No Idea, not only have theirs but got a color I didn't even know was available. I'm not going to set fire to Jordan, I just think it's kind of a bummer.

You are basically annoyed that people are complaining about how long it's taking.

None of this requires names like bitch, or douchebag (on either side). So, I think we can basically leave it at that.

C'mon now. This is entirely nonproductive. I get that complaining isn't going to make it come any faster but silly name calling isn't going to help anything. Perhaps my remarks were a bit harsh but straight name calling doesn't advance any sort conversation.

Basically, I'm bummed out that I pre-ordered this from the label (which is typically the fastest, most direct way to get an album) and I still haven't gotten it. Meanwhile, folks who ordered from No Idea, not only have theirs but got a color I didn't even know was available. I'm not going to set fire to Jordan, I just think it's kind of a bummer.

You are basically annoyed that people are complaining about how long it's taking.

None of this requires names like bitch, or douchebag (on either side). So, I think we can basically leave it at that.

What's entirely nonproductive is complaining: 1. About the speed of the postal service. and 2. About not getting records on time due to an small label being like one dude.

You supported the label directly with your cash and confidence via a preorder. Solid. Feel good. Without such support these folks'll shrivel up and die and you'd have nothing to complain about. Your shit's in the mail, you're gonna get it, you're gonna be a happy lil' clam. You also went to see the band and thus supported them once more. If you NEEDED to have the vinyl you'd a bought it then and there at the show, listened to it, then maybe handed it off to some friends and gotten them tuned into Gaslight as well. Or put it up here for a fair trade on the board. Sick, the world's a better place thanks to ya.

Instead this. I get to check in here after a shit day in the salt mines to catch up on releases and stuff and I get to read posts on late mail and where's my double special color shit. Obsess about something else besides crap in the mail, it'll show up, until then I'm sure something shiny'll pop up to catch your attention real soon.

My mind.

What's entirely nonproductive is complaining: 1. About the speed of the postal service. and 2. About not getting records on time due to an small label being like one dude.

You supported the label directly with your cash and confidence via a preorder. Solid. Feel good. Without such support these folks'll shrivel up and die and you'd have nothing to complain about. Your shit's in the mail, you're gonna get it, you're gonna be a happy lil' clam. You also went to see the band and thus supported them once more. If you NEEDED to have the vinyl you'd a bought it then and there at the show, listened to it, then maybe handed it off to some friends and gotten them tuned into Gaslight as well. Or put it up here for a fair trade on the board. Sick, the world's a better place thanks to ya.

Instead this. I get to check in here after a shit day in the salt mines to catch up on releases and stuff and I get to read posts on late mail and where's my double special color shit. Obsess about something else besides crap in the mail, it'll show up, until then I'm sure something shiny'll pop up to catch your attention real soon.

My mind.

Do you need help off your high horse because it seems WAY up there. He's NOT complaining about slow mail. He's complaining, a complaint I echo, because it seems pointless to pre-order, a process that should ensure you get a release quicker than anyone else, and get your records after distribution center orders.

Its quite simple, its a fair complaint. If I order on pre-order I should get my order before No Idea (using them for this example) gets their records let alone No Idea ships their records to their customers. People who pre-order should come before distros in mailing order.

My mind.

[image]