The Senor And The Queen-The Gaslight Anthem

sighhh colored vinyl is nice looking but it makes everything so much more complicated. fat wreck has the right idea. do a super limited run on a single color for the first press, then do subsequent represses on black. all the colors for these gaslight records will drive me into debt, i can only imagine what avid hot water and am! "collectors" do.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh the patience of record collector... shorter than a Charles Bronson song.

Dude, when you place your order months ago and the label says they have a release date, and then that date gets pushed back, and then the album comes out and other distros are delivering it but the label isn't, I think it's a far enough reason to be slightly miffed.

I don't worry about Baroness's Red Album because I know that even if it's delayed I'm not going to get it anywhere faster than Hyperrealist. But why place an order months ago (like Misfortunes) when I could have picked up the exact same album, in the same colors from the band last night? It's just weak.

Ahh the patience of record collector... shorter than a Charles Bronson song.

Dude, when you place your order months ago and the label says they have a release date, and then that date gets pushed back, and then the album comes out and other distros are delivering it but the label isn't, I think it's a far enough reason to be slightly miffed.

I don't worry about Baroness's Red Album because I know that even if it's delayed I'm not going to get it anywhere faster than Hyperrealist. But why place an order months ago (like Misfortunes) when I could have picked up the exact same album, in the same colors from the band last night? It's just weak.

Well dude, seeing as No Idea handles the distribution for Sabot Productions, it shouldn't be a very big surprise that they would get the record first. Sabot is probably waiting to get their copies from No Idea. Not to mention No Idea is a MUCH larger record label than Sabot (with full-time employees and stuff), so they are much more likely to get their orders packaged and shipped sooner than Sabot.

So un-bunch your panties and keep checking your parent's mailbox, it will show up soon. Be glad the record even exists, Sabot was responsible for it after all.

Well dude, seeing as No Idea handles the distribution for Sabot Productions, it shouldn't be a very big surprise that they would get the record first. Sabot is probably waiting to get their copies from No Idea. Not to mention No Idea is a MUCH larger record label than Sabot (with full-time employees and stuff), so they are much more likely to get their orders packaged and shipped sooner than Sabot.

So un-bunch your panties and keep checking your parent's mailbox, it will show up soon. Be glad the record even exists, Sabot was responsible for it after all.

lol

Hey Dante, what's the other colour of Misfortunes aside from that beautiful Yellow someone posted on Deadformat.

I'm in the same boat as you, pre-ordered both of these and have yet to receive them.

the other color isorange. did you know orange doesn't rhyme with anything? neither does silver. silver vinyl would be cool. rhythm is the only word without any vowels (if you don't include "y").

Hey Dante, what's the other colour of Misfortunes aside from that beautiful Yellow someone posted on Deadformat.

I'm in the same boat as you, pre-ordered both of these and have yet to receive them.

rhythm is the only word without any vowels (if you don't include "y").

That's like saying rock doesn't have any vowels if you don't include the o. The y in rhythm is a vowel.