eBay trouble

Hey,

I recently bought 2 Mad Caddies records which were described as "Near Mint", but they actually look like this:

[image]

[image]

[image]

I left the seller Neutral feedback because he sent them fast, and he goes and leaves me 2 bad feedbacks saying:

"Read picture and description, states visually graded."

"Not responsible for your expectations, was as described in the listing."

I told him to remove the feedback or I will take further action, and he basically said he won't do it. So now what should I do? This guy has really pissed me off now.

Scratches like that on the vinyl is not "near mint" at all. I'd say get ebay into it, see if they can at least remove the negative feedback and just forget it if it plays fine. I'm sure they guy will never acknowledge he was wrong in his listing, since he probably sells a lot of stuff that way and no on has caught it or cared until now.

Scratches like that on the vinyl is not "near mint" at all. I'd say get ebay into it, see if they can at least remove the negative feedback and just forget it if it plays fine. I'm sure they guy will never acknowledge he was wrong in his listing, since he probably sells a lot of stuff that way and no on has caught it or cared until now.

How would I go about getting eBay involved?

The records do pop and skip way more than I'd like them too. The seller actually emailed me saying "Near mint does not meen perfect, it covers some light scuffs or marks. As stated in the listing they are visually graded not aurally."

How would I go about getting eBay involved?

The records do pop and skip way more than I'd like them too. The seller actually emailed me saying "Near mint does not meen perfect, it covers some light scuffs or marks. As stated in the listing they are visually graded not aurally."

that's not what near mint means to me. this guy seems a little slow.

I assume you paid with paypal, file a claim as it's signifigantly different than listed in the auction.

Should I file a claim on paypal and also get eBay involved to get rid of the bad feedback he left me?

Yes.

It's so shitty when that happens. There have been times I've been afraid to leave feedback first, as I'm paranoid, and believe everyone who buys from me is a dick and would leave me negative for the hell of it.

eBay needs to work on the feedback a little to avoid these kinds of problems or minimize. As for the problem I think everyone is right on when they said to threaten with a claim and go from there. Near mint to me and I think most people means used but still 100% when it comes to ability to play.

(Just as an aside: Have you tried maybe cleaning the record?)

Did you contact him after you received it?

No, I just left him neutral feedback because that's how I felt and to let other people know what happened. How does he have the right to leave me bad feedback when I payed him instantly?

this is EXACTLY the issue. you paid him straight away so your responsibility as a buyer has been met. that bastard should not be able to leave negatives for you when you upheld your end of the transaction perfectly.

get onto ebay and paypal & harass the almighty fuck out of them so they do something about it. its fucked being a buyer and having some seller dick leave negatives when you've paid instantly.